Any other parents whose children have health issues?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
MollySK

Post by MollySK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:52 am

Hello, after my daughter was born they discovered a severe heart murmur. She is healthy in all other aspects but after seeing her pediatrician he strongly recommends a lot of testing be done so that this murmur doesn't affect her or harm her.
I am so terrified! All this is making me worry, I know of people who have lived with murmurs their entire lives and it has never affected them but after seeing my husband have endless cardilogy appointments and heart surgery I am so scared that this may happen to her.
I'm a fighter by nature and have passed this down to my daughter. I know she is the strongest little 7 month old I have ever seen but will she be strong enough to deal with all these issues? Will I be strong enough to make sure she has the best medical care? All the "what if's" keep circulating in my head and I can't picture anything happening to her, she is my entire life and I am so terrified...

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 pm

The one thing I would like to suggest is to look into the cleanest diet for your little one. It is the perfect time to start her off right and against the mainstream diet which can be damaging to anyone's health.

If I had to do it over again when my kids were babes, I definitely would *not* have started them on grains, I would have stuck with fruits and as much raw as possible.

This is just what I would do and wouldn't tell you how to feed your child, but diet has a huge impact on health. Look around and educate yourself about the best foods to introduce to your little girl.

Also be sure to double-examine every med a doctor wants to give your daughter - is it a life or death situation for her to use the drug? Weigh the risks and benefits. Try to research enough to get the stress off your shoulders, I think this anxiety could be partially caused by just not knowing about the condition and treatments, once you understand more you'll be comfortable enough to make good decisions towards your daughters health.

epa

Post by epa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:50 am

With my husband and I both being from farms and growing up in the country we like to always know what kind of meats, veggies and fruits we are eating and where they came from. So because of that we garden and make a lot of our own baby food, excluding fruit which we buy organic. All of our meats are hand selected right from when the animal is still alive so we know exactly what that animal has been eating from my uncle's farm. I don't think her foods are what is causing her health issues. Her murmur was found right at birth and I was a health nut when I was pregnant.
Now we have just discovered she has bronchitis and a throat infection. The poor little bunny! Now all her tests are being put on hold until that clears up.
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

Return to “Parent to Parent”