Question for pregnant moms?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:49 am

Does anyone, or has anyone, experienced "achy" lungs during pregnancy? I am 4 months along, and over the past week or so have noticed that as the day progresses, my lungs get sort of achy and feel a slight burning sensation, as if I had been exercising but I haven't?? I'm thinking it might be that my ever growing belly is pushing them up and making them feel funny, but it has been 4 years since my last baby and can not remember...anyone have this?? :?
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:31 am

That sounds like an infection or something. You should get it checked. It doesn't sound like a normal part of pregnancy.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:01 am

Update--spoke to my ob nurse, and she assured me it was perfectly normal, and I may even get short of breath when talking too fast. It is due to the baby belly pushing everything in my abdominal and chest cavity upwards---this is hard work!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:06 am

Hi Bttrfly,

It sounds like it could be heartburn. I had wicked heartburn when I was pregnant with my son - it started in the first trimester and lasted the whole pregnancy. I was chomping on Tums during delivery.

Try bringing it up with your O/B again.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am

Thanks--I actually take prescription meds for heartburn, have always had it since having my first child, so it's not that. I think it is really just lungs getting a bit squished...but thank you for the idea :)

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 am

I'm glad you asked your OB about this. It does sound very Normal though! Go ahead and ask away! If you can't get a quick response, I'll ask my midwife...she's a great help for me.

God Bless,
Heather

Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:54 am

Gah I have enough trouble with shortness of breath and feelings like that. I am almost 12 weeks pregnant so I don't have the baby pushing up yet. I am low in iron so they say that could be making me feel like this but I also always feel sooo tired.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:44 am

Oh, yes--the first trimester is VERY sleepy!! I'm not sure if this is your first or not, but at 12 weeks things could definitely be moving upward on you! Hopefully a couple more weeks and you will be feeling a little better.

I'm now 17 weeks and waiting for the morning sickness to go away completely, but it never did for my second baby, so we will see. Thank Goodness they are so worth it!!! :)

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:23 am

Bttrfly,

Here's a suggestion for your lingering morning sickness...

There's a product called "Tummy Tune Up" that are a bunch of specific probiotics that take away nausea, flu symptoms, diarehea (I can't spell it!), and stomach aches, etc. I had the flu my first part of my pregnancy and this stuff took away the nausea and I didn't even throw up once I started taking it! And it's safe for pregnant women. It's safe for babies!

Well, here's the website where I buy this from:

<A HREF="http://www.beeyoutiful.com" TARGET=_blank>www.beeyoutiful.com</A>. They are very helpful with any questions you have as well.

Morning sickness is not fun! I sympathize with you!

~Heather

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:47 am

With nausea and morning sickness, try eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Soda crackers saved me from a lot of morning sickness and I had it so horribly bad my first 3 months. Lucky for me it has gone away unless I get overly stressed. Try eating bland foods and with heartburn try a glass of milk, tums are ok to take too. :p

Return to “Parent to Parent”