One of those days

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
acarr3

Post by acarr3 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 am

I'm a SAHM of a great 15month old. I've been kind of down, kind of tired. You just have those days. I think I'm going to distract myself with some chores of something.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi Acarr,

I would like to share a very diverse library of free on line inspirational music, that may be of help to you. I find them to be comforting, and calming, and many points help to build excitement and may even make you want to dance, and then sometimes the lyrics may make you feel like crying, but it is good cry that is sometimes hard to explain. It is a joyful cry, as best as I can describe it.

Listen to family talk and the follow up song, there is power in these lyrics. Check it out for yourself. To see the balance of his other 15 albums just click on the Go back to music page:

http://www.stevencurtischapman...theliveadventure.htm

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:43 am

I have to say that I love the sites that GMAN sends you to. I love the songs of Steven C. Chapman and they do help me. Anyone should try and listen to him because they are not sad songs but ones that causes you to praise the Lord and just makes you feel better.
Thanks, Gman
jcat

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Jcat,

Thanks for that confirmation jcat. I feel so blessed by these things you are sharing. It really touches my heart to know that His love, through the songs and lyrics have served to help you make so much progress.

acarr, why shouldn't you avail yourself of the comfort that this music and their lyrics may give you as you go through your day? As you hear and even sense God sharing in your time; you never know, you may start getting the message of hope and faith, encouragement and blessings that help you get through your day. Please take a little time out of your busy day to be still and know that He is God. If you do, I am so sure that you will hear His voice, and that alone is very exciting.

If you do, you will soon discover that He sees, hears and cares about you. And then, who knows, you may even feel His loving embrace, just as any loving father would provide His child that he loves, enough to die for.

Thanks for taking time to read this reply. I do pray that you give God an opportunity to work for you in the manner described and I promise, He will never let you down. I am telling you this as I am listening to "Tell Me" found on the first album He released in 1987

Have a blessed day! Don't worry; be Happy As I am listening to "dieing to Live" as I completed editing and ready to close. I love you Lord!

All for His praise glory and the joy it give us and Him!

goddess sparkle

Post by goddess sparkle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:38 am

Thank you so much. GOd is using you to speak to me. I am going to bookmark that website. Please keep encouraging us gman!!
"It's not over yet."

Iwillbeatthis

Post by Iwillbeatthis » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:28 am

Hi acarr,

No, He is using me to share in the love and joy He shows me so many times it staggers the imagination. I am so glad that you are seeing it and hearing it. Isn't that great?!!!!

I laugh because so many people miss this completely.

It's all for His praise and glory, and the joy it give us and Him!
~ Smile; it's contagious! ~

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:44 am

GMAN,
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my daughter and I did go to the United Concert with Michael W. Smith and Steven C. Chapman and we both loved it. I did not want it to end. Tonight is the last night for the tour and it is in Paducah, Ky where Steven Chapman is from. They testified and everyone seemed to enjoy and you were right about so many young people being there. Kelli (daughter ) was on call with the OB/GYN doctor and I was afraid she would have to leave me but she didn't and at the intermission she text messaged her husband and told him she believed she liked it better than I did. I thought of what you had said to me. I definitely plan on trying to see him again and they were great together. I saw where Chapman wond Best Song writer and best artist for the GMA Dove Awards.

I am getting back to work. I have to stay late due to missing here Monday and the work never ends.

I noticed that people are worried about the Swine Flu. They need to be careful about travel that is not nevessary such as subways and airplanes. If they use good handwashing methods or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer for their hands and make sure to cover the mouth if coughing or sneeezing, they should not panic yet. We are kept informed by the health dept and CDC. I wouldn't want to go to Mexico now if I didn't have to but they recommend we eat right, get plenty of asleep, and do the things we shou;ld know to do to prevent illness. If anyone has a fever, sore throat, chill and aches, etc, see the doctor to make sure it is not the flu. I am telling the teachers and parents to take extra precautions and not panic. I am sure Ky will have it after this weekend when the Ky Derby is happening. People come from all over to it. If I were to fly on an airplane I would want me a mask to wear to prevent breathing the air that everyone else does. It is recirculated and you can buy masks from stores that could filter that out. Just extra precautions.

Got to go.

Thanks GMAN and if anyone has a chance they should try to go to these concerts. I felt the presence of the Lord there with me.

jcat

Post by Guest » Fri May 01, 2009 12:04 am

Hi Jcat and others,
If I were to fly on an airplane I would want me a mask to wear to prevent breathing the air that everyone else does. It is recirculated and you can buy masks from stores that could filter that out. Just extra precautions.
I think you gave excellent advice. Thank you. However, I worked on aircraft ground cooling equipment and learned that; in flight the cooling of the cabin is accomplished by air intakes from outside the aircraft and tempered to between 52-58 degrees. This is also how the aircraft is pressurized. While the aircraft is in flight, this process performs thousands of air changes in the aircraft even during a short flight. Thus the air is not exactly or solely recirculated air that the passengers are breathing.

I just thought this piece of information might be helpful to reassure people that you are not being constantly exposed to recirculated air on aircraft.

On metropolitan subway systems, the dangers of recirculated air are lessened by the periodic door openings as the trains go from station to station.

On longer service trains; the air changes are accomplished in a similar fashion to aircraft as noted above. I would be more concerned about mechanical systems on long distance touring buses. However, you have, in most cases, slightly more control, if you have access to be able to open windows slightly. A few open windows should be sufficient to create many air changes and help to reduce possibilities of undue illnesses.

Thank you so much for the testimony you gave about the concert you attended. I am so happy for you and the thousands that were able to go including your Kelli. It is an awe inspiring experience to come into the presence of the Lord. Amen!!!

Here's the one I was listening to this morning:
http://www.stevencurtischapman...adio/declaration.htm

Live out loud! Amen!!!

All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him. Alleluia!!!

Post by Guest » Fri May 01, 2009 3:13 am

GMAN,
The advise I gave is due to my previous experiences when I fly and I usually get a cold or another illness afterwards. VP Biden felt the same way and has gotten a lot of flack since his statement on the Today show. The thing is that they do not understand all about the virus yet and extra precautions should be taken until more is known. As of now, we have no vaccine for it so it can become a big problem. I feel the president is watching carefully and hopefully a cure can be found.

I sent you a PT yesterday. Mainly about the concert.

Thanks, jcat

Return to “Parent to Parent”