Lexapro during pregnancy. PLEASE HELP!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
jamanda527

Post by jamanda527 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

So I have been dealing with panic attacks/anxiety since Sept. 2007. After going through Lucina's program twice I realized I needed to go see a doctor about getting a prescription. So I can't take Zoloft; it made me see things and have night terrors. After that I tried Lexapro and took it from January 2008-June 2009.

Well I weaned off my meds b/c we wanted to get pregnant. Now my situation is that my anxiety is back and my panic attacks are worst than before.

I start student teaching on Aug 19th and need something to help me mack it up through December 4th.

Has anyone taken lexapro during pregnancy? I didn't want things to end up like this! I feel so awful about even asking for meds but everyone keeps telling me that stress is not good for the baby.

I'm currently 11 wks pregnant.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ( :

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi,

I've never been pregnant, but I thought I'd answer this one. I'd recommend contacting your doctor about this one. Also have a look in the Lexapro leaflet that comes with the medicine if you still have one. Alternatively, do a search on google.

All the best to you.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:08 pm

I am currently 7 months pregnant. I have been on Wellbutrin XL for a couple of years now; I tried SEVERAL different antidepressants and this is the one that worked best for me. My doctor told me that Wellbutrin is the safest antidepressant to be on during pregnancy. I would DEFINITLY ask my doctor about possibly switching to wellbutrin.... IF you feel comfortable w/ switching medications and if he/she feels that it is safe for you to take. Good Luck with school and your pregnancy!!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 am

Hi there what are your side effects. We want to have another child but I'm a lexapro now at 20 miligram. Also on Klopin 1 miligram which the doctor said I can't take klopin at all so I have been weaning down now to 1/2 but now not sleeping and feel I need to go back to 3/4. I'm not pregant but I'm so frustrated because I was doing so well and sleeping good. Also my doctor said to get to 10 milgrams of lexapro. So I was just wondering your side effects? Now I don't knw if I want to have another child if it's really back but I want to. I'm not having panic attacks I did before I was on lexapro now just painful like needles going through my body every once in a while. I'll be prying for you.
Christin

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi i have three girls and i was in lexapro during my last two pregnancies. my doctor said it wouldnt harmed the baby and both of my girls are healthy.I was taking 20 mgs. the only thing is that if you want to breastfeed you cant if you are still taking the lexapro.

Return to “Parent to Parent”