Worried about my period and getting pregnant!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Anxious Jenny

Post by Anxious Jenny » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:21 am

Hi everyone,
I get my period every 21-24 days. It varies sometimes from month to month. This happened ever since I got off birth control about 3 years ago. I am planning to conceive within the year and I'm scared that this is abnormal and could hurt my chances of getting pregnant. I am also a little underweight, have GAD and smoke right now which I plan to stop completely in the next moth. I take xanax which I want to wean off and plan on starting Buspar. WOW! Sorry! So much information! Can someone help ease my mind!
xoxo
Jen

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 am

Jenny, because your period is coming so often, it is likely you have a short luteal phase (LP). This is the time between ovulation and your period starting, when the baby would implant in the lining. If the LP is too short, there is not always enough tome for implantation to be successful. So yes, you could def have problems getting pg. You will absolutely want to talk to your dr about this. Being underweight and smoking can also effect cycles. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 am

Hi Jen,

I agree with A2Zmama that weight and smoking will affect menstrual cycles but also diet and other lifestyle factors play a huge part of it.

If you are ovulating regularly then you shouldn't have much to worry about conceiving.

Some women don't get a cycle or get a very light one but ovulate regularly. The more animal products and cooked food are in your diet, the heavier the periods you will have.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:48 am

this is actually a different topic. I am so exhuasted. I am the mother of 5 children. I have three who are older (22 to 17). I feel so overwhelmed with them because they are so far from the way they should be. It is causing so much stress! My husband and I are haveing marriage problems over these kids and the trouble they are causing . It is so overwhelming. help me. I am fading fast.

Return to “Parent to Parent”