Pregnancy & Meds?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
keppingstrong

Post by keppingstrong » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:57 am

Hi- I would love to hear from some people out there who are either pregnant or had babies & needed an SSRI/antidepressant during their pregnancy. I was blessed with my 1st pregnancy to be med free but now am 6 weeks pregnant with #2 and need to be on Lexapro 5mg for depression/anexity. I tried going off when I found out I was pregnant but the depression & obesssive thoughts & fear got too bad. I feel sort of like I failed myself my baby for needed meds this time. Any support out there? thanks-

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Might I suggest looking into your food program? You may have really good results this way, it is amazing how eating the right foods, especially during pregnancy can affect not only your mood, but the outcome of the pregnancy and delivery.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Jolie1976

Post by Jolie1976 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:26 pm

i had to go on celexa for my pregnancy and i do not feel like a failure at all
some people need meds and thats ok
take care

Luli

Post by Luli » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello Dear!

Dont feel bad for taking meds! Panick attack and anxiety is worse fro the baby than the meds itself! Talk to your doctor and he will tell you whats the best and safe for your pregnancy! I took celexa during my pregnancy and my baby is happy as he can be!

You dont have to suffer! Soon you will feel better!
pm for any support. I know what your going through because I had severe anxiety when I was pregnant!

Janalv

Post by Janalv » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 am

Hello!

I'm so Glad someone brought this up... I just got married and have been anxious and depressed that I have this problem because I want children... I kept wondering how this would work...

Janice

FTMalbone20

Post by FTMalbone20 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 am

I am 11 weeks Pregnant now and I was on paxil cr before i was pregnant and went off of them because of high rate of birth defects. Now my anxiety is so bad im scared to start any new type of meds, any suggestions?

nfljennie

Post by nfljennie » Thu May 13, 2010 5:22 pm

My sister in law took zoloft while pregnant and both of my nephews are well ajusted sweet little boys now . So I think it's ok with some of the antidepressants .

fischee

Post by fischee » Mon May 31, 2010 11:26 pm

From what I've read, antidepressants are safe to take while pregnancy. I, too, am in the same predicament, but unfortunately, only anti-anxiety drugs have worked for my anxiety (yes, I've tried many antidepressants). My husband and I have no children, and I'm not getting any younger (37). I'm terrified to even try getting pregnant without being off the meds ENTIRELY. I take 2 mgs. of klono daily and have been taking Ambien CR off and on for a few years now. I've had a lot of success getting off the Ambien, but I am concerned about the the klono.

Any advice, encouragement, suggestions kindly appreciated.

2young4this

Post by 2young4this » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:29 pm

I have a 3 year old I took xanax, and Im pregnant again 16 weeks and I still take xanax. Its the only thing that seems to keep my attacks at bay. My doc told me its better to take the medicine then not too because panick attacks are bad for baby, worse then medicine. depending on how much. I only take .5 xanax so you should look into that.

Return to “Parent to Parent”