Anger at my son

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
SongWriter

Post by SongWriter » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:13 am

My son is such a good boy. But when he doesn't blow his nose and continues to make these terrible sounds I finally get very angry. I make him do a silent cry and scare him a little. HE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS!! My son is just a child. We really do have a great relationship. I love him very much. I HATE WHEN I GET ANGRY AT HIM! I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT! I DON'T WANT TO TEACH HIM ANGER! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celeste1

Post by Celeste1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 am

I have an anger problem. It seems that the littlest things upset me and I take it out on my 2 kids because they are the ones home at the time. I homeschool my 2 kids and it has been the toughest road I have ever taken. I was raising my 14 year old nephew who is ADHD and Bipolar. He was tearing my family apart and causing so much tension and anger so we had to give him back to the grandparents who have legal custody of him. Since he has left which was last Thursday my son is showing signs of aggression, anger and he his taking it out on his sister who is younger than him. So I called a therapist today that he saw a long time ago and made an appointment for him to see him and he heard me talking to him on the phone he got very angry at me because he says he does not need to see a therapist. I often ponder if I am not the problem and I am the one causing all the conflict in our house. I have lost my close bond with my son and it really hurts. So I know what you are going through and I have been to therapists for this and nothing seems to help. The one thing I have started doing for myself is going to church and trying to get back in touch with GOD. I really love my son but there are times that I dont think he really thinks I do and that I love his sister more. I love them equally and I try to treat them equally. Everyday is a struggle with my kids and my life. There are days that I just want to leave and never come back because I feel that I am sitting here alone with no support from anyone. Sorry to go on and on. I dont know if I helped any. Let God be with you. LOL

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Jesus Christ
Matthew 6:27

Shal416

Post by Shal416 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:55 am

HI SONGWRITER, just member kids are kids, our job is to love them for who they are UNCONDITIONALLY,so many times we get frustrated with our children because we are afraid of the perceptions of others we are trying to live up to, so what if he makes noise, ask yourself, why it frustrates you so, are u really afraid he will embarrass you in public..loving them is accepting them.. and vise a versa

Return to “Parent to Parent”