Should kids be allowed to have social accounts?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
sarahabel83

Should kids be allowed to have social accounts?

Post by sarahabel83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 am

As we all know that social networking sites have changed and influenced our life at a large extent. Kids are also getting involved in this. I have read a nice article about “ should kids be allowed to have a Facebook account?” And really liked it. In my opinion kids under the age of 10-11 should not be allowed to have their social accounts. What you guys think? Do you allow your child to surf on such sites?

randy c.

Re: Should kids be allowed to have social accounts?

Post by randy c. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Sarah, we have a teen age daughter and we still dont let her on these sights. we feel they do more harm than good.Theres always something negative about them on the news. I personally feel that they cause anti-social behavior.But thats just my opinion.

sarahabel83

Post by sarahabel83 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 am

Hey Randy... Thanks for sharing your views. I agree with you. I also feel that such activities promote anti social behavior. Hence Being a parent, we must restrict our kids to use such sites. We should promote some other activities like outdoor and indoor games, general knowledge and quiz for the kids' mental and physical growth.

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Sarah, thank you! Im glad to see others share our view. Technology is a fine thing,but not so good for the future of sociology. :)

Return to “Parent to Parent”