Help for my 9 year old daughter

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
debchance

Help for my 9 year old daughter

Post by debchance » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm doing the program again after about 5 years. I had great success the first time but my husband passed away suddenly 4 years ago, three days after my daughter's 5th birthday. She is now 9. She is having anxiety, scary thoughts, what if thinking, etc.. I am trying to pass on what I am working on but am struggling with it myself. She is so young and literal thinking it is hard for me to help her help herself. I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water with anxiety, depression, finances, grief, guilty and negative thoughts, parenting etc.. This program is a clearly mapped out path to recovery for ADULTS. I am wondering if there is any program for children, any materials that will help her understand the concepts and implement them. She is already doing better with less anxiety but the guilty thoughts and negative thinking are overriding her positive ones. How can I give her hope so she sees there is a light at the end of the tunnel for herself. I have purchased books, had her in therapy, grief counseling and currently she is in a program for help with ADHD. I am equally if not more so overwhelmed by my inability to help her with her anxiety and coping mechanisms as I am with my own.

John4

Re: Help for my 9 year old daughter

Post by John4 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:24 am

What have you decided?

Return to “Parent to Parent”