constant worry

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
tinafor

constant worry

Post by tinafor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:20 pm

I have a 20 year old and a 18 year old. I may in a constant state of worry about heir health. They both are overweight, and I look at them and all I see is worry. I worry they have high blood pressure or diabetes. They have no symptoms, but I always worried. I can't even enjoy their beautiful peronalities, because I am so consumed. Any suggestions???

Iwillbebetter

Re: constant worry

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 am

Being a parent can be so hard sometimes. How do you now worry for your kids!! I don't know that I have anything that can help, especially with mine being so much younger. I am trying to remember that they are their own people though. As much as I want to protect them and keep them safe, I have to let them be themselves and make their own mistakes. Have you expressed your concerns to them? I'm sorry I dont' have more for you, but I wish you the best of luck!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

tinafor

Re: constant worry

Post by tinafor » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks so much. Yes I have told them... but teenagers, need I say more. NOt the most sympathetic. lol ;)

Return to “Parent to Parent”