Trying for number 3...but not sure what to do??

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
pamlet95

Trying for number 3...but not sure what to do??

Post by pamlet95 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:26 pm

I have two children ages 2 and 4. We have always wanted 3 kids and since I am 39 we know we only have a small window left to try. I was on zoloft with both of my kids and I was great and the kids are very healthy. I am so worried about trying again though because there is a chance that I might have to go back on an ssri and with all of the new commercials about ssri's harming babies I have been so anxious. I went off medicine (prozac) last December (2010) to lose the weight that it won't let me lose and I came down about 35 pounds. (I have had to do this in the past...the ssri's work for me but won't let me lose weight. Once off of them I am able to steadily lose...anyway). I have been fine off of prozac, but I do take klonopin 0.5 mg at bed time. As we try to conceive I want to be off of the klonopin, but every time I try to wean the panic attacks start again. Visited several doctors (of course) and the consensus is for me to stay on the klonopin until and if I conceive, and if I conceive then wean down and if I need an ssri to help me taper they told me that it is fine. I wanted to do this one without any meds, but the doctors have assured me that it is fine because the medication does less harm than the stress hormones that dump into your system. The doctors also feel that as the early pregnacy hormones build up I may be able to taper off of the klonopin easier because progesterone is a natural anti-anxiety hormone. I would love to be free of the klonopin first, but I don't want to drive myself crazy with anxiety about it either. I trust my doctors--they are truly some of the best in my area...but I would love to be rid of klonopin. I am hoping that this program works for me, so that I am able to come off of the medicine without the recurring panic attacks. :shock:

Return to “Parent to Parent”