Homeschooling 3 boys

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
lostnspace

Homeschooling 3 boys

Post by lostnspace » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:12 pm

I am seeing what a wonderful community I have stumbled upon. Is there anyone else out there as crazy as me, fighting anxiety and depression while you try to homeschool your children? I feel so lost and all alone. :?

Paisleegreen

Re: Homeschooling 3 boys

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 am

I am an Empty Nester, but not completely b/c my 20 year old son still lives at home and does things that irritate me, and he was the main precursor to my first panic attack and anxiety symptoms. So I hope you are doing okay. Paislee :mrgreen:

OctoberKay

Post by OctoberKay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 am

Hi fellow at home teacher. I do not homeschool but my DD attends an online virtual academy. I have struggles with my anxiety as I plan a day and it never goes the way it looked on paper. I have the advantage of virtual help with the assignments and interactions of the day. My hat is off to you with 3...boys...wow!! You are a creative and brave person. You are not alone. I am learning that as I address and manage my emotions our days are a lot smoother. I am learning to be more flexible with our schedule, my expectations, and the order of my home when we are learning. I have just started this program. I am hopeful that this program will enhance my awareness and learning of how to manage my own stress, anxiety, and anger.

lisa2692

Post by lisa2692 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 am

This post is late but I, too, homeschool. I have tried looking for websites or blog written by parents who homeschool with this condition but can't find any. It is hard to think your kids are looking at you 24/7 and can see through your facade of togetherness.

nanette56

Post by nanette56 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 am

Hello....I am also a homeschool mom. I homeschooled 3 girls. Yes, there were many times I felt alone and I let my anxiety get the best of me. At this season of my life I am now an "empty nester", my youngest is 18 and off to college in NYC. I live in the Stress - talk about anxiety. I wish I would have had this program while I was homeschooling perhaps I would not have had such black and white thinking. I actually thought homeschooling would prevent ALL teen issues. It did not. If I had been more realistic in my thinking I would not have put myself through such hell. I was always worried about what others thought. I know homeschoolers can be judged by others so I put undue pressure on my girls to "measure up" so to speak. The good news in I am going through the program now and it is already a big help....and......my girls turned out great IN SPITE of me.

Blessings!

Return to “Parent to Parent”