Need advise w/5 year old

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Mgee317

Need advise w/5 year old

Post by Mgee317 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I've been suffering with anxiety for the past 4 months...seeking help w/a therapist and now this program...I've been doing good, but have some bad days...needless to say, at the beginning, it was so bad, I could hide emotions and fears...my 5 year old witnessed some of my issues, and I feel awful, because she was such an independent little girl, who loved shcool, to now her experiencing her own anxiety. But I can't pin point it, and I don't want to jump to conclusions and take her to a therapist just yet. She is ending preschool, and now has a "fear" of going to kinder. She has been attending Summer Camp at the same preschool, and now crys when I drop her off. We ask every question possible, in hopes there aren't any other problems to worry about, but she says it's "kinder". A few weeks back, her fear was due to "bad dreams"...she crys if I go to the store alone and leave her with her dad...luckily, this past Sunday, was the 1st time in weeks she wanted to go out with her dad, because she wouldn't even want to leave my side. It's been very concerning, and overall, brings on the anxiety in me 10x's stronger...I worry and wonder so much, and now a days with kids, these things can be scary if you don't pay attention to them. Is she experencing the "normal" anxiety that some 5 year olds do?? Before she loved going to grandma's, she still does, but doesn't want me to leave. Should I seek therapy for her, or give it some time until she starts Kinder in Aug??

Return to “Parent to Parent”