anxiety with school out

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
mramirez10

anxiety with school out

Post by mramirez10 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:42 pm

The last day of school brought on so much anxiety. One my kids are growing up. For some reason this has been bothering me lately. I'm scared of them growing too fast. Two, what do I do with them all summer?! :?

DBT.lorena

Re: anxiety with school out

Post by DBT.lorena » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:50 am

Wow, kids growing up too fast... this is a completely understandable fear. Parents want so much to hold on to their children for as long as possible. There are so many things that you want to experience with your child while they're still at the age where they are still your "babies". Now the question is, what are the things you want to do with them? There are so many things you can do and often, we over think things until it seems like there is no good option. Relax, don't stress yourself out too much. Your children right now are enjoying some time off from homework, tests, teachers! Not to mention, they get to sleep in a little longer! That's always good. Try asking them what they want to do. Maybe get them involved in a summer sports team or club. Get together with your kids' parents and have a cookout. Don't forget to enjoy yourself too! Summer time is usually to relax a little. You deserve some time to just be you. Don't worry so much about whether or not your kids are bored on some days. They usually can entertain themselves.

sara78

Re: anxiety with school out

Post by sara78 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 pm

As parents we have to remember to enjoy aspects of every stage as our kids develop! As they grow up our relationships with them may change, but it's still fulfilling.

Return to “Parent to Parent”