Just had 5th child That's when it all started

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
mramirez10

Just had 5th child That's when it all started

Post by mramirez10 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:36 pm

I had my 5th child in Jan. and that is when my anxiety wouldn't go away. I have been suffering with anxiety every day for 3mo. now. Some days are better than others, but I am always anxious. I feel shaky and fearful. It's been horrible feeling. I thought that my anxiety was caused by hormons. And maybe to some degree it is my hormons. Is there anyone else out there who has a similar experience?

TemperAnxietyStress

Re: Just had 5th child That's when it all started

Post by TemperAnxietyStress » Mon May 09, 2011 9:38 pm

When my daughter was 6 weeks old was the worst anxiety and depression I had. To a point it definitely is your hormones, but it's also something you should have your daughter take a look at. This is also a great place just to write out your thoughts and struggles. We're all in this together. I've been so fortunate to have family and friends looking out for me. I hope you feel like this can be your family and friends if you don't have that support system. And remember, you are not alone. You might be going through this because you already have four children and the fifth wasn't planned. It could be that you are getting less sleep with this baby than the others. It can be a host of things. Anytime you need to talk, I'm here. ~hugs~ Amy

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed May 11, 2011 1:48 am

I got the Baby Blues after each child, and they were worse with each one. Sometimes it takes 3 months to recover...you might need an anti-depressant or take Evening of Primrose Oil and vitamin B. Talk to us as much as you can...oh, and take the baby walking in the sunshine. You push the child in a stroller and have other children tag along on training bikes or tricycles. That is what I did. Paislee :mrgreen:

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 am

Have to add, even though I'm not a mom, but I am a woman, that hormones are a HUGE factor in how we are feeling and thinking. We should always take that into account when we are feeling blue or depressed. Biochemistry is a huge part of anxiety - what we're eating, how much we're exercising, what time we're getting to sleep, vitamins, how much water we're drinking, etc. Take care of yourself!! You are going through some BIG adjustments! I am one of five, living at home, and I know that it's not easy, especially when you still have little ones who need you and require so much attention. Relax, it's going to be okay, make sure to get out and exercise, that is an instant mood-lifter, even if you are just walking around your neighborhood for ten minutes. Mom's need to prioritize themselves too, so that they have more to give to their family. Keep working on the program! Even if it's just 15 minutes every day, it's so important for your recovery to set aside that time for yourself and to work on the skills. Praying for you! :)

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Thank you neverquite. That is helpful and encouraging. I appreciate it. I'm on session 4 of the program now and finding that my biggest problem with the program is thinking I have to do it perfectly. I was getting down on my self for not being able to do everything. I realized this week that I don't have too. It is freeing to know that. Thanks for the support.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:04 pm

So I found out that fish oil helps with anxiety and depression when it has to do with hormones. But it has to be 6 grams a day. Also Vitex is supposed to help. I'll try it and see if it helps.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:18 am

Exactly Mramirez! That's why I eat eggs, seafood, salmon, tuna, and nuts, they have Omega 3's in them and they settle me down magically, it seems! B/c of my anxious gut feelings, I haven't been able to take the capsules of fish oil. I will try again with a lower dogage capsule and see what happens, but by keeping on this high protein diet of healthy foods, it has kept my weight down and nervousness almost gone.

I'm wondering if the old adage of Cod Liver Oil wasn't such a bad idea! :lol: Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Parent to Parent”