Children can be cruel

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
melissa51

Post by melissa51 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Today my daughter came home from school and told me that no one in her class would play with her. My heart is totally breaking for her. She is such a sweet angel and I just don't know how to help her.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi Melissa--I'm sorry to hear that about your daughter. Do you have any idea why that is? How old is she? Does this happen everyday or is it on certain days. Depending on the age, every day is a different scenario with children. They are Happy go Lucky one day and then down in the dumps the next.

Hope77

Post by Hope77 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:47 pm

My daughter has been going through the same thing. She is in 2nd grade and every day it is something else with friends not wanting to play, or not be her friend, or only want her as just their friend.

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:19 pm

All one kid has to do is make something up about another and it flows like wildfire....they gossip just as bad as adults do and they are very cruel. Its been like that as far as I know since I was in school...maybe worse. If you have one bad apple in the bunch the whole bushel rots sad to say. If your daughter can find out who the rotten eggs are in the class or the troublemakers, this may be the clue. She should be discreet and just watch and listen to other kids talking and not make comments to anyone. She may find out who the badboy or girl is!!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 pm

I ditto Creamcheese. There is always an instigator.

TemperAnxietyStress

Re:

Post by TemperAnxietyStress » Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm

melissa51 wrote:Today my daughter came home from school and told me that no one in her class would play with her. My heart is totally breaking for her. She is such a sweet angel and I just don't know how to help her.
Melissa, depending on the age of your daughter, I would have a chat with her teachers. They are there and can see the dynamics between the kids. She or he might also see other children who are shy but would like to be your daughter's friend and be able to get them together. You have every right as a parent to get involved.

Return to “Parent to Parent”