dizziness and lightheaded all day

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
maryschild

Post by maryschild » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:39 am

does anyone else experience lightheadedness or imbalance on a daily basis esp. when anxious? I am a parent of 4 children and this affects my daily life.

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:30 am

Hi Maryschild,

I, too get dizziness and lightheaded, sometimes all day long, with and without anxiety present! It is just a symptom of the anxiety and will not harm you! It is a nuisance, however! Just dont give it much attention! Ignore it and go about your daily duties! If you look for it, it will have more power! If you ignore it, sometimes you wont even notice that its there or it will dramatically lessen the feelings! Hope it helps some!

tbabystroup

Re: dizziness and lightheaded all day

Post by tbabystroup » Mon May 09, 2011 1:58 pm

I have found that when i am anxious my neck/back muscles become extremely tense... and when the neck muscles are tense they put pressure on our ears which is where we get our balance from! on days when i am feeling off balance i get out the icey-hot and a motrin to help with the tension, and i do gentle neck/shoulder stretches and have found that it really does help! and i have also noticed that not only does anxiety bring this tension... but neck tension brings the anxiety so when i treat the neck i really try to focus on what it is that is making me so tense! As the last person said, it is very annoying, but it is harmless unless you try to walk a balance beam or climb a roof, so try to just slow down a lil and remind yourself constantly that's okay and you will be just fine! one last thing... no matter how off balance i feel i have never actually fallen from it NOR have i ever dropped my kids!!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

TemperAnxietyStress

Re: dizziness and lightheaded all day

Post by TemperAnxietyStress » Mon May 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Yep. I think I get dizzy spells and a little unbalanced feeling at least once or twice a week. What a relief to know it's just a symptom of anxiety because I've been anxious so long. I'm going to get better and I know the feelings will go away. It doesn't help that I feel tired but I know it will get better over time. Good to know I'm not alone. ;)

Return to “Parent to Parent”