Advice

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Pinkysupafly

Post by Pinkysupafly » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi my name is Mary. I have a daughter that is 7 and my boyfriend has a son that is 8. I had problems with anxiety like 4 years ago and bought the program and overcame it it has came back now. I can't find my program and am trying to save up to buy a second one. I have the scary thoughts which I do let scare me I feel the tension in my stomach which puts me on edge. Sometimes I have such a hard time with the kids I get so upset and then I wind up apologizing to them and I feel so bad. Can anyone give me some advice on how to be more tolerant or how to deal with this??

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't know how much this has to do with the program really, but, my mom always told me that i was lucky to be the youngest of 5 kids because when I did something wrong or annoying she would take a second to ask herself, " Is this really something worth making a big deal over?" before she would reprimand me. Most of the time she found it wasn't that big of a deal. I guess that was her way of doing a mini-relaxation break.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:44 pm

It is good that you are working on getting some new CDs, etc. and that you are here posting. It is good to apologize. My mother never apologized to me. That would have made me feel so much better. She was very nervous and I was the fifth kid, and I must say, I was a pretty good child. But we all have problems we are born with or just come with life to be tested.

I hope that you are able to get the help you need and are able to take time for you to relax and work on yourself to feel better. Children can be stressful and sometimes the sweetest child after they turn 8 years old can be trying. Just keep studying and learning, and you'll be fine.

Return to “Parent to Parent”