Pregnant and need HELP!!!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 pm

I am having so many new symptoms and its freaking my out, not sure if its pregnancy or anxiety can anyone who is pregnant help me? Thanks

Amy

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Amy, I am not currently pregnant, but was in the past and dealing with my anxiety. My doctor told me that my pregancy was causing iron related anemia and put me on vitron-c I also ate as much fruit and protein and OJ. I also was put on progesterone to stabilize me and it really helped me sleep.

Talk to your doctor and maybe get some blood work done to rule these things out. Hope this helps

Take care

Misty

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:01 am

Hi, Amy--I'm 6 months along with my third. This is my first pregnancy with anxiety, and at the beginning for the first trimester the hormones through my anxiety into crisis mode. I was put back on Prozac and Klonopin, and the baby and I tolerate it just fine, and the ob has assured me many times that the panic attacks are far more detrimental to the baby than the meds. This pregnancy in the beginning caused me to sink into horrible depression, have horrible health anxiety/hypochondria, constant panic attacks, crying all the time, not wanting to get out of bed. I lost 20 lbs from not being able to eat. Once I restarted the meds and they kicked in, (took about 4 weeks), I felt like a completely different person. Not perfect, but functional and generally happy, able to eat again and able to look forward to the baby.

So, that is my long answer to you, lol. But it is totally normal for the huge influx of hormones to cause all kinds of stuff, anxiety and non-anxiety related. You will be okay, but definitely talk to your doc cause they can do things to make it better for you and baby.

Congratulations!!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:54 am

Hey Amy

I think we have chatted before. I really struggled with postpartum anxiety after the birth of my 20 month old son.I think a good support network and medication were most helpful for me. I could tell you about my own experience. Just know that you are not alone. I think it is far more common then you would think. I would recommend counseling, good nutrition, exercise, rest, medication if needed. I am happy to listen to you any time you need to talk about this. And talk to your Dr. You are going to be okay. You are not always going to feel like this.

Ann

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi! Misty is right about the Iron anemia and the taking the natural progesterone. I experienced this with my last pregnancy 20 years ago. It can make you VERY tired and depressed. Even today, protein and eating on time are essential to my well being. The health food stores have very interesting information available. The more we can educate ourselves in this area,the more likely we can help our "well-being". :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am not sure what my problem is but with every new pregnancy symptom I freak out. I know that everything is probably fine but just not sure what to do anymore. I have tried the med route but don't think its the right avenue for me I seem to make myself worse when taking them. I just need some comfort thoughts I guess. Thanks so much.

Amy

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Amy,
I do agree with Jazelle about the protein (high quality/low fat, and plenty from plant-vegetable sources) and eating frequently enough with a daily walk or deep breathing, will help greatly. When pregnant with my first I know that it was such a time of GREAT intensity,and everything seemed so heightened. I hope you have others in person or by phone that you can also talk with, that always helps and also for me writing/journaling was a good outlet. I too am here and happy to lend an ear. Remember to breath and relax and surround yourself and your little one in a favorite soothing color (maybe lavender, blues and pink) and with the word/phrase/ or even feeling that you most strongly wish for yourself and your baby. Sending you love and trust for your process.

Return to “Parent to Parent”