Advice Needed - What to Tell My Kids?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Elisheva

Post by Elisheva » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi Mumpy,
I'm not sure what EFT and NLP are, but I hope this woman in Ramat Gan is able to help you. Kol HaKavod that you are seeking help for this. I think it's great.
Let me clarify something. When I work on "controlling" my anxiety, it just means I'm able to over ride it and not let it limit me. If I'm having anxiety about travelling somewhere, I work on putting all those fears and negative thoughts out of my mind, so I'm able to go, rather than succumbing to my fears and not go. This is the work that I do. I hope that with this program, that all those fears and thoughts will stop eventually. I'm not controlling my anxiety so that it's less - I'm just not giving in to it so it limits what I do. I think you do exactly the same thing. You went to Ikea, even though you were very nervous about having all kinds of things happen to you.
Anyway, good luck with the therapist. At the same time, you can also get a free trial of the program to try it out. The session I listened to last night was on panic attacks!
Feel good and take care of yourself during your pregnancy (pamper yourself!!),
Elisheva

Return to “Parent to Parent”