Now that we're married

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Kathy4twins

Post by Kathy4twins » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:03 am

Hi everyone.... I did marry the boyfriend that I was dating and writing about.... his daughter moved out and in with her 35 year old boy friend.. she still tries to manipulate her dad and his 16 year old daughter that lives with us as much as she can .... I love my husband and would love it if his daughter stopped bad mouthing me.. Kathy

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:08 am

Maybe you should try to have a friendly talk with the daughter and try to "mend the fences". I don't know how oldthe daughter is, but if she is still fairly young you may have to be the "bigger person".

I don't know what's going on or how long you've been with this man, but that's his daughter and I would not advise you to start telling him what to do when it comes to his child. That's a good way to end up living in turmoil. Maybe you should talk to your husband too, and let him know how you are feeling and see what he says.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:29 am

Ok Kathy...I don't know if you read or not but this is a must read book...The Smart-Step Family, by Ron L. Deal. The advice was greatly benificial for our family.

Really check it out...Good Luck.

Return to “Parent to Parent”