my temper snapped

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
jk55

Post by jk55 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:38 pm

Wow, can I relate to your post. My second son had colic so bad he didn't sleep through the night till he was two and a half. I remember having very bad nights w/ my first son and since my husband was working graveyard at the time, it was all me. I had postpartum depression w/my third son and would look at him and my other two and not want anything to do w/them. You are not alone and it's so important that you realize that. YOu are clearly on overload, please cut yourself some slack. It is probably hard for your husband to understand how you feel so if he doesn't "get" your situation, you need to look elswhere. I think you said you had a sister by you? If so, talk to her, let her help you, dont' ever let your pride get in the way of asking for help. I think all of us feel like we "should" be able to cope but the truth is, we are only human and can only take so much. I screamed and yelled like you too, only to feel like the worst mother in the world. Over time, I started to lose the guilty feeling every time I left my kids to be on my own, even if it was only for an hour a week. You will be amazed at how much losing that guilt helps. Your daughter will only benefit from you taking care of yourself first. Talking about things really has helped me to realize that I am truly not alone and in turn has helped me to look for positive ways to improve my situation, which in turn has helped me to be a better wife and mother. Take care of yourself, your daughter needs a healthy you.
I intend that I live my life in tranquility and peacefullness, free of unneccesary worries and beliefs.

Prv31Mom

Post by Prv31Mom » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 am

Just my two cents...

Cow's milk CAUSED my daughter to be colicky! And I was nursing her!!! Go figure! Once we got that straightened out - she was much better and the crying stopped at least long enough for me to get a little sleep.

I think you need to look into some PPD treatment though. It's a for real serious issue.

I worked part-time at my church after my son was born, so I could bring him to work with me. This was a blessing, but also I had the stress of doing my job and being a MOM at the same time! I remember one afternoon I was there alone with him and trying to get the bulletin finished and he kept crying and fussing. I went out in the hallway and threw my coffee cup into the concrete wall and screamed at the top of my lungs. It scared my son (back in the office) worse than anything and he screamed worse. Then I had to pick up the pieces...comfort him...worry if anyone would come in while I was cleaning up and sobbing like a maniac...it was horrible.

But the good news is...THIS TOO SHALL PASS! :)

Hang in there - stick with the program! You can do this...and spring is coming!!!

Hugs,
Dawn

momofonelilboy

Post by momofonelilboy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:27 pm

you are sooooo not alone!!! I know sooo much what you mean!!! I've been there, and my son is only 4 months!!! I've felt like that all day today. I haven't done anything bad to him, but when I'm frantic like that, I do find myself doing things more forcefully than usual. I feel like I'm crazy and insane. I'm actually a little relieved to know I'm not the only one!! I hope it gets better for you.

my3boys

Post by my3boys » Fri May 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Hello I am a mother of 2 boys ages 6yrs and 3yrs old. I hate to feel this way but some days I dread coming home or saturdays because it means being on duty 24/7. I deal with them fighting and constant jumping and screaming. They mess up all day and I am driving myself crazy trying to keep a model home. Some days I just sit on the couch in a total daze because the yelling and screaming paralyze and drain all my energy.

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:21 am

Mom3boys, you are NOT alone in this! I know exactly what go through and it is NOT easy! I have 23 mo. twin boys and most everyday I feel like I'm in a daze. Sometimes I can't concentrate on much of everything. I feel nauseaous alot and on the brink of tears lately. I have alot going on with the older four which adds to the stress of taking care of the twins and I pray that things start to feeling better soon. I know that I am overwhelmed and this is normal in my situation. I also know this "phase" shall pass, but it still doesn't make the present moment easier. I pray for all us Moms that work hard to make our houses a HOME for our families. We need to make time for ourselves and not feel guilty about doing so. Many woman have been through all that we are going through and have made it to say that it was the best thing they've ever done! We love our children, but it's a hard job...Yet, the MOST REWARDING!!! Have a great Mothers day!! Hang in there and God bless!
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Ocean

Post by Ocean » Sun May 11, 2008 4:38 am

Mom of 6,
You are my hero! Wow 23 month old twins and 4 older children!!! I have 3 kids, no twins and can't imagine!

You are doing super and try to take some time for yourself, get a massage, something (I know it's hard, if it's not my 18 month old refusing nap time, it's my middle child begging me to read a book, ect...)

take care,
Ocean

my3boys

Post by my3boys » Sun May 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Mothers I am so glad to know that I am not alone. I truly hope you both had a wonderful mothers day. I had the luxury of spending the day with my mom and was able to mostly hide out alone in a upstairs room while my mother enjoyed the boys and tended to their needs etc. She's 2 hrs away so I don't get that priviledge that often.
I did feel kind of guilty because when they would come look for me I would tense up because it felt like they were invading my alone time. I thought that because it was mothers day I would want to be with my children but instead i wanted to be far far far away from them just for a little while. I know this phase will pass eventually and then it will be something else like those teenage years. I need to get a grip now.

Pamelal

Post by Pamelal » Mon May 19, 2008 12:54 pm

I feel your pain this is why I got this program I just started my second week but I got it because I feel like I am gonna go crazy with my kids when I don't have them I'm ok most of the time but I just felt like I can't keep the house clean because everytime I turn around there is something else on the floor or spill some where. Or my two year old got into something else and then I have to clean that up too alone with all the other stuff that has to be done. and I am not crazy about everything has to be always in its spots or anything but I don't want the house to be a reck all the time.
but most days I fell like I just can't handle it or just keep thinking I don't want to do it any more but I know I'm the only one who has to take care of them

Return to “Parent to Parent”