Question for Pregnant Women

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:05 am

Hello, Gals! I found out yesterday, after three ultrasounds, that we are having a baby boy!! :D Healthy is the most important thing, we have two little girls, and now my husband is getting a little boy. Does anyone else know what they are having yet?
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Heatherbythesea

Post by Heatherbythesea » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 am

Hi!

I am having a girl, and tickled to death! I have two girls and four boys, the last three are boys and I need a BREAK!!! :) If they teach their little sister how to wrestle, they're in trouble!

Congratulations on a boy!

~Heather~

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:59 am

Hey Girls,

Just wanted to tell you all that my headaches have gotten better but now I am struggling with being really dizzy, anyone else? Also, hubby and I are having our first ultrasound on Monday and can't wait. Also, anyone else noticing their heart beating really fast, not like a panic fast but just fast and hard. Mine does it alot but its not panic. Anyways, Congrats on the babies and I wish you all luck. I am so glad I have someone to talk to. I feel lost sometimes.

Amy

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:09 am

Hi, Heather--congrats on the baby girl! Girls are so much fun!

Amy--my heart rate is ridiculous since being pregnant, I even asked the ob about it yesterday, and she said it increases because your blood volume about doubles. My resting heart rate is around 90-100 bpm now, and when I was sick it went up to 127 bpm because I got dehydrated. The doc told me as long as I am feeling okay, no worries. It will return to normal after delivery. I guess I did not notice it on the first two babies because I did not have this anxiety then. And this must be old hat to Heather!!!

Good luck on the ultrasound, keep us posted!!!!

Tara ;)
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

WantingMore

Post by WantingMore » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Amy,

I did have headaches and was dizzy at times throughout pregnancy. I took a tylenol and a benedryl most every night from somewhere in the second trimester on so I could sleep. Ibruprophen is not ok to take because it is an anti-inflamatory - reducing swelling/water - and you need to extra fluid for your baby. Sleep and water both seem to be very helpful for headaches and dizziness.

Take care,
Beth

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:22 am

Thanks everyone for your help. I have been researching so much, to much, and I didn't think that this was normal. Most of all I thought I was the only one feeling like this. I am so glad that you girls responded to me. I was going a little nuts, figuratively speaking. Thanks

amy

Return to “Parent to Parent”