Question for Pregnant Women

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 am

I have been experiencing headaches for the past few weeks and was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing?

Thanks
Amy

Heatherbythesea

Post by Heatherbythesea » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Amy!

I'm sorry no one answered sooner! I am also pregnant, 21 weeks or so, and experience headaches when I'm under stress, which seems to be everyday now. I am at home with my other 6 children homeschooling them, and I think with my hormones going up and down, I'm very touchy and tense all day long.

Anyway, my midwife says that tylenol is fine but not to take ibuprofren. I didn't ask why. I know it's okay to take during breastfeeding though.

I hope you're doing better Amy!

God Bless!

Heather

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:46 am

Thanks so much for the reply. I thought my post had been forgotten. My doc. did prescribe me tylenol 3 but I haven't taken it. I am scared to take new meds. I do know one thing, these pregnancy hormones are awful on top of anxiety. Are you taking any meds? Anyways, I would love to keep in contact with you and see how your pregnancy is going. Plus, this is my first baby and I have alot of questions. I am sure you have plenty of answers with 6 kids. I look forward to talking to you soon.

Amy

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:20 am

Wow--6 1/2 kids! :eek:

I too am sorry I did not see this note, Amy. I am 22 weeks pregnant with my third child, and headaches unfortunately come with the territory, along with a host of other discomforts. And yes, the hormones make your anxiety go nuts! I was actually off all meds and had to be restarted on prozac and klonopin after getting pregnant this time because I spiralled so badly. Baby and I are tolerating the meds fine, and I am in much better shape now to carry a child. Keep in touch.

Heather--when are you due? We must be pretty close!

Tara :)
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Heatherbythesea

Post by Heatherbythesea » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 am

Hello Tara and Amy,

I am due April 17th. How about the both of you?

Congratulations to the both of you, by the way!

~Heather

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:03 am

LOL, Heather--I am due April 17th as well. What are the odds of that? I'm hoping maybe for April 18th as that was my Grandmother's birthday, but my last one was really early, so maybe this one will come on my birthday, 3/27. I guess it all depends if I have to have another C-section, then we can pick the date. Too funny--do you know what you are having? We are going to try and find out today...

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:49 am

Hey Girlies, thanks for the replies. I am due May 23 and can't wait. My anxiety levels are off the charts sometimes but I am so scared to take meds. I took prozac for one day and freaked myself out, now, I am scared to take it again. My fear of meds has taken over but its something I am working on. I hope we can all keep in touch. It makes things so much easier to have women to talk to that are going thru the same thing as I am. My hubby and I are both in shock about the baby but we are so happy. We get to find out what we are having next month and I can't wait. I can tell you this, this baby is very active. Always kicking and moving around. I didn't think I would be able to feel him/her yet but the doc. said since I am a petite girl that I could feel the baby starting at 16 weeks. Boy was he right!!! Well, gotta go for now, look forward to hearing from you both and I wish you the best of luck with everything.

Amy

teasha

Post by teasha » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:06 am

Hi everyone! I am also pregnant (25 weeks due April 1st!) anyway i have the worste headache as i write this! I am soooo uncomfortable and can't sleep at night due to terrible thoughts and my lttle guy kicking the poop outa me!!! :) I started thinking last night when my heart starts racing that is when he starts kicking harder. My doc gave me a script for Lexapro and have yet to fill it. I think i need to go today because i feel very down in the dumps because of my thoughts and i want them to go away before he comes. Hope all of u ladies are enjoying ur pregnancies as best u can!! Stay comfortable and stress free!!! (Heather....6 1/2 children??? WOW!) TTYS, TEASHA

Heatherbythesea

Post by Heatherbythesea » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:36 am

Hello ladies!

Amy, I want to suggest an extremely helpful book. It's called Baby Wise, by Gary Ezzo (it might also be called "on becomming baby wise). Please try to get this book. You will gain so much insight and confidence with your newborn. I got this after my third and every baby afterwards, I have not said "what do I do?" It's not boring. It's full of wisdom.

Heather

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:05 am

Hello, Gals! I found out yesterday, after three ultrasounds, that we are having a baby boy!! :D Healthy is the most important thing, we have two little girls, and now my husband is getting a little boy. Does anyone else know what they are having yet?

Return to “Parent to Parent”