Wife's Doulbe Standard!!!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
SongWriter

Post by SongWriter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:20 am

I don't know how much more I can take!
My wife is a person of double standards!
Ever since I have known her she thinks things are alight for her while they are not alright for me!
She thinks it's totally alright to correct me when I am correcting my son, but I can't do the same to her!
I can't take her self righteousness and hypocrisy. She has been this way since I have known her. Don't ask why did I marry her then.
I really wish I could just get out of this marriage I really do!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:41 am

Im sorry song. Sometimes we just want to feel appreciated and it sounds like you desperately need that from your wife. Marriage is hard....its not easy to take two completely independent people and try to live as one.

There is a reason you married this woman....there is a reason you fell in love....there is a reason!

YOu have children so I suggest you stop working against eachother and work together to create a loving safe environment for this child.....they pick up on all this tension and stress.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:01 am

Thanks Dodger.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Correcting children is probably one of the biggest arguments parents have. My husband and I dont always see eye to eye. You need to talk about these things. If there is no communication in a relationship its really hard to resolve problems. You need to tell your wife how you feel about the way she is treating you when you correct your son and that you don`t like it. If that doesn`t get you anywhere then may I suggest a family counselor might be very helpful.

Return to “Parent to Parent”