End of my rope

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
tamib21

Post by tamib21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:01 am

I hate losing control and letting my kids think that this is the way it should be. I already see my 8 year old doing what im doing. I sont know how to help myself how can I help her?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 am

We all with childersn have gone through what you are going through. You are a good mother and you will be even better for doing this program. I felt a lot of guilt and it kept me stuck. I thought I was destroying my children but they turned out fine and yours will too. :)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Do you have the program? If so....GET IN IT !! Do it faithfully every day! read and reread the workbook and dont let yourself find excuses to not do the program!There is a happier life and a BETTER YOU that is waiting to bloom out and your children will be so happy to see those positive changes in you!!

Rod

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:11 am

Thank you DeeDee!

Yes, Rod, I do have this program I am in Session 2 of it and it is working wonders for me already. Thank You

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi Tamib21:

Lesson two is great and lesson 3 is even better! It's all about positive self talk and I need to remind myself all the time about speaking kindly to myself. So important because if I can't be compassionate to myself and calm myself down, I can't be calm and compassionate to my kids. I have a 13 y/o and 10 y/o and my 13 y/o is really testing me lately. I'm forever taking deep breaths and thinking twice before I speak to him. We are human, we are tired, we are full of anxiety and we need to take good care of ourselves. Work this program to the fullest. Do all the homework, keep coming to the forum, read as much as you can and take time for yourself. It will all fall into place very soon and you'll feel calmer with everyone, especially your kids. Good luck, keep plugging away...peace is coming to you very soon.

My Best,
Lynn

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 am

I have a 17 year old that has stopped listening to me because she said I don't make sense, or a valid argument. I do not know how to speak to her on her level. She is a senior in HS and she is so moody. I wind up feeling over anxious when I try to talk to her.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:13 pm

i relate to how you are parenting. I know my 11 year old is anxious, borderline ocd. we have elected to try behavior modification rather than medication. IT IS HARD WORK. in the process i have realized my own anxiety. i have been treated for depression for almost 40 years. i did not realize that anxiety is a large part of my problem. I have been practicing yoga for several years, and use it as a treatment for deprepssion. it is a very good relaxation technique.
also, i have journaled my anxious episodes. i realize that i anticipate anxiety when i pick my child up from school. we are in a BAD, ADDICTIVE habit of fighting. I am becoming aware of my anxiety being a LARGE part of this. It can turn around. I have a supportive husband and we both are committed to parenting more positively. the hard work for me now is tackling my own anxiety and helping my child with him. it is so hard. i practice the breath work more. things are better. it is a hard habit to break. the program is very helpful

Return to “Parent to Parent”