had my baby feeling a little down please help

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:23 pm

hi everyone i had my baby on Wendsday 9 14 am i went in on tuesday at 830 am so all most 24 hours. i just got home today and was wondering if anyone after they had a bbaby had scarey thoughts og hurting themselves i know never would but i just have the image in my head and i just wish i could enjoy my baby. i also had an allergic reaction last night so now i keep thinking i am going to stop breathing and i guess i am over tired anyone ever feel this way thanks actuelly my self helps me a lot.

JodyLynn

Post by JodyLynn » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi, Yeah I definately had a lot of anxiety with my second baby. I had post partum really bad with her and they had to put me on medication cause I was suicidal and kept worrying and having pictures in my mind of dropping her and falling on her. I cried straight for a week before it started to get better. I thought I was going crazy. It was the worst I've ever felt and I was already on meds for depression and anxiety but it wasn't working. It will get better I promise. My daughter is almost 4 now and I can still remember how bad it felt. So it will be OK. Don't worry too much. Jody

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:49 am

helen....its hard sometimes to determin if your feeling these scary thoughts from your anxiety or post partum.....

Having a baby is a very stressfull event on the body and mind and from the sounds of it you went through alot for a long time to deliver. Give yourself some breathing room....its really only been a week or so since the baby was born.

Your body needs time to regroup. If you have your program this would be a good time to reveiw some of the lessons that would help the one on scary thoughts......might be a good place to start.

Best advice to a new mommie I can say is to get the most help you can and rest whenever possible. The added rest will help you to restore your balance back into your life.

By the way....CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby was it a boy or a girl? I have two one of each and I am so blessed to be a Mother.

Be kind to you. you just need a little TLC. Also are you a bottle feeding mom? I think that in my opinion bottle feeding moms have a easier time of it....the fact that its all you when you breast feed sucks. Mine were both bottle fed and did VERY WELL. I wasnt the ONLY one to feed the baby everyone helped DADDY included in those night time feedings.

You worked really hard to grow this baby and deliver let the others get involved now.

Come to chat and talk......your not alone.
Dodger

Return to “Parent to Parent”