Child with headache

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:43 am

I'm going to bring my daughter to see our family doctor. But, I'm wondering if any of you have had a child with this sort of headache.

She gets this pain just in her temple area. It usually only lasts a few minutes. It comes once or twice a week for a few minutes and then goes away.

I've tried to pin down when and why and it doesn't seem to be a pattern. I can come out of the blue anywhere, including with us or at school. She says light doesn't bother her and she's not feeling "worried" about anything at the time.

I can't find a lot of info on childhood headaches of this sort online.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
~~ Ronald Reagan

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:32 am

Try going to <A HREF="http://www.google.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.google.com/</A> and type in Health Headaches or Health Board or Health Discussion or Child Headaches and you may get some help I am new here and I am Jason from Southern UTAH.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi, I live with migraines and had many different headaches as a child. I have a son that will get headaches here and there, he has recognized when he needs to drink more water. When he does, his headache subsides.
As a young girl and teen, I remember having headaches with the pain around my temples. My mother would rub my temple and forehead, which helped with the pain. Looking back I can remember that some of those headaches were due to a reaction to what I ate. Headache triggers, which are now migraines for me, (usually starting on my right side) are now hormone and food triggered. At 12, I went to the children's hospital due to all the symptoms that led to a migraine attack. My family doctor at the time researched all the stange symptoms(my left foot became tingly then numb - this sensation went up one leg, then the other, to both arms, and the rest of my body, my lips were numb and I could not dress or drink anything -I seemed to be in and out of complete consciousness although I was awake- very strange). He came up with an MSG triggered migraine as well as some hormone changes involved, which led to a 2 day nauseous migraine. Migraine triggers for me now include MSG (monosodium glutamate- in lots of canned soups, flavored crackers/chips, ranch dressing and other dressings to name a few), chocolate, nitrates/nitrites (hot dogs and some hams), too much salty foods, processed cheese (includes velveeta/cheese slices), and some others that I have suspicions of (the veg. broth in tuna fish). I also continue to get hormone triggered migraines. I also get headaches if I do not drink enough water. I hardly drink any soda. I can remember back to my childhood headaches and I know some of them were triggered by my diet (such as getting a headache Christmas night from eating the Swiss Cheese Crackers - which had MSG in them or headaches from eating Doritos...). My paternal grandma had migraines and headaches too.
I hope some of this info. is helpful. I hope your family doctor can find a real solution.
Take Care and have a great week!

Return to “Parent to Parent”