just a story i'd like to share

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 am

That was a wonderful story-I have a 6 yr old son and reading that made me smile and feel so good. They (children) are truly godsend and we are so blessed to have them in our life.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:30 am

:-) Sniffle.
That was great! Children are such a blessing.

Hally

Post by Hally » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:41 pm

:I really liked the Bible verse..plans to prosper me..I have to put that on the refrigerator as a reminder..God gave me a gift of music and if I fight the good fight against this anxiety, I hope he will bless and prosper me..thanks I needed that..but on the subject of the ring..My son and his girlfriend gave me a very special opal ring for Christmas..I cried when I opened it..Opals have always been my favorite..it's my Birthstone (October)..I haven't taken the ring off to even have it sized for my ring finger..right now I'm wearing it on my pinky because I can't even bear to take it off just to have it sized..I love to look at it every day and I am blessed to have them in my life and I'm expecting my first grandchild (young grandmom of 41) in August..
Two paths diverged in a yellow wood.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Dear mrsunderstood,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us what an amazing young man you are raising. He will make some woman a wonderful husband one day all thanks to his mom (you) who raised so beautifully. I had to get the kleenex when I read that one. Isn't it wonderful that even when we are at our lowest points our children love us and know just what to do to make our world so much brighter. I will bet that, that ring is your most precious piece of jewellery that you will ever own. May God bless you and your beautiful little boy. You should be commended on raising such a wonderful son.
Take care and thank you for sharing
Mimi

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:15 pm

that made me remember something my daughter did for me.

I had been diagnosed with cancer when she was 9 yrs old. I was going through treatments and trying not to show how anxious and worried I was, but of course kids always know.

One day I heard the doorbell ring but when I answered it no one was there. But I looked down at the welcome mat and there was a letter. It was addressed to me with the entire house address, etc and written in my daughter's handwriting.

The return address on the envelope was from Cody, our dog who had recently died. It has his address as heaven. She had drawn a stamp on the envelope that was a picture of a dog/angel with wings.

I opened it and it was a letter from Cody telling me how much he was enjoying being in heaven and how much he missed all of us.

I assumed that she was trying to let me know that if that was where I was headed, I would be alright. I showed the letter to her later that day and said how thrilled I was to receive his letter. To this day has never let on that it was from her.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Oh Man! Those stories are so touching!!! You guys are very lucky to have those blessings (children). We just need to protect them and nurture them. It baffles me how some people can even think about hurting children, but I'm not gonna ruin the warm fuzzy feeling frm your stories. I want to do everything in my power to protect children! They are so special!

Return to “Parent to Parent”