just a story i'd like to share

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
mrsunderstood

Post by mrsunderstood » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:39 am

During a really hard time in my life,my son and i went to visit my mom one weekend.My sister was there and she wanted us to compare our hands,just to see if they looked alike so we were holding our hands out even my mom joined in.Then we decided we would go to some garage sales,I gave my son some money in case he saw something he wanted.Later that night after everyone had gone to bed I went to the garage and just broke down and had a good cry,after i got through crying and got control of myself,I went to bedroom,and their was a note on my pillow,I opened it up and a ring fell out and the note said...Mom,I noticed today when yall were looking at your hands that grandma and Denise had on alot of rings and they were happy and laughing and you didnt have on any (wasnt married at the time)I thought if you had a ring,then you would be happy too..I love you! I thought right then..How can I be so down right now,when i am so blessed to have my son.I still wear the ring and sometimes when i am down all i have to do is look at it and i feel better.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:44 am

What a beautiful story..thanks for sharing. You truly are blessed.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:31 am

Nrsunderstood:

What a great story!!! I loved it.
You really are blessed!!
Mary Jane

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Children are little angels of hope and faith. What a great story!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Isn't it crazy how the littlest meaningless things bother us to a breaking point? Because of my low self esteem I find myself comparing myself to everyone and seeing everyone else's life better than mine, therefore breaking down inside and out.

But children are an absolute blessing in many ways because when I start feeling down on myself (which is alot and usually I get really hard on myself) I think about my son and how he needs a mother strong enough mentally and emotionally to get him through the tough times to come. I think of him and realize how ridiculous the issue is and that tends to calm me down.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:32 pm

Thanks Mrsunderstood.

That was the most beautiful story i've heard in a long time.

DeeDee.

Ms. Hopeful

Post by Ms. Hopeful » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:19 pm

What a wonderful story! Kids can say the most precious things! My son prayed for me the other day because my throat had been sore. I just thought it was so thoughtful he thought to do it for me without asking! (I talk on the phone with my job and my voice had about run out!)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Mrsunderstood,
I almost started crying! I love children. I have a 20 month old and when I look at her or think about her I could cry. Children are so wonderful and such a blessing. Thank you for sharing. I am not sure how old your son is now but you should keep that story alive in your family by sharing it often.

aBetterRenne,
I can totally relate to your comments. I constantly use my child as a motivationval tool...if that sounds right. I want her to have me---all of me and I have to be strong for her. When I started to talk with my psych. I said "I am here to gain the tools to get over my anxiety and depression becasue I am so tried to it. Its to much work to live like this and I have to be stong for my child."

Bees4me

Post by Bees4me » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:45 am

My son was 8 at the time,today he is a typical 14 year old and he will ask me sometimes(Are you still wearing that ring?) I will say yes and i know that sweet little boy that gave it to me is still in there somewhere.,and he will just smile and go on.Im glad you all enjoyed the story.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 am

That was a wonderful story-I have a 6 yr old son and reading that made me smile and feel so good. They (children) are truly godsend and we are so blessed to have them in our life.

Return to “Parent to Parent”