First Trimester Fears--HELP pls!!!!!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks so much it's nice to hear I am not alone! I felt like such a bad person for having these kinds of thoughts , and wondering if they could be true. I will try some of the things you've been doing to get through those scary times!

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 am

Hi there--I agree with Libran. I have 9 month old son, my 3rd child, and he is the only one I had with anxiety. I abruptly stopped my meds when I knew I was pregnant, and it spiraled me somewhere I don't want to think about. I was not feeling able to be functional for my two daughters (thank God for my husband). I was put right back on prozac, klonopin, and ambien around 8-10 weeks and needed them for the duration of the pregnancy. My psychiatrist and OB worked closely, and both felt strongl that the constant panic attacks were far more dangerous to the baby than the meds. And he is happy, healthy, and so am I. Feel free to pm me...not everyone believes you can take meds while pregnant, but I am proof that sometimes it is the best option!

Return to “Parent to Parent”