Anyone have an easy Pregnancy?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
AlisonF

Post by AlisonF » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:02 pm

I was wondering if anyone has had an easy pregnancy. Ya know, a full 9 months of pregnancy bliss....

Is this possible or a pipe dream?
Alison

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:11 am

Allison
Im going to assume your pregnant and not having a "blissfull" time and Im sorry.

I have had 2 babies and both times my pregnancies were difficult. I had a really hard time in the beginning and end of both but I did do much better in the middle months. The baby starts to move you have an appetite and everyone is so nice to you cuz they can SEE that you are pregnant. At the very least its something right?

Its tough and it can seem like forever but believe me once its done you will have forgotten all about how icky you felt. I know its really hard to imagine but you will. Its hard to connect to the baby when you feel it is causing you so much greif....but try really hard to picture it as a baby not just a pregnancy. A little sacrifice for the big picture.

Have you heard the heartbeat yet? Or had your first ultrasound or your first kick....there are exciting times in pregnancy as well just try really hard to be open to them.

You will do just fine. I now have a beautiful 7 year old son and a 3 year old daughter and they have made my life have purpose. In the long run it was all the best thing that I ever did.

Good luck and come to chat if you can.....its good to talk to people there are lots of pregnant women on. Good to share advice.

Oh and I almost forgot.......
Congratulations.
Dodger

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:07 am

Both of my pregnancies were great (and I gained ALOT of weight!). My carpal tunnel acted up bad with the first one. On the other hand....theirs births were awful. I had shoulder dystocia with my first (he was way to big and suffered an arm injury from that) and a c-section with my second. Really wish the births were as beautiful and smooth as the pregnancy!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:20 am

I envy anyone who says they have had an enjoyable pregnancy. I seem to have every symptom possible (all the negative ones). I am 7 months pregnant and have been sick/nauseous the whole time. I am on medicine for it, but it only calms it, not eliminates it. I have the worst heartburn, and low pelvic pressure. My depression and anxiety are through the roof right now and I just can't see how this is enjoyable to some. I do think that every woman is different and that some can experience a good pregnancy. I tend to think more on the negative side of things (hence the anxiety and depression I have) which is probably one reason I am not enjoying this so much. I just keep telling myself about the end result. Sorry to sound so negative, right now that's all I feel. Good luck to all you pregnant women out there.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:34 am

This is an interesting read...My husband and I have been wanting to start a family for several years. My anxiety keeps getting in the way...I actually worry about being anxious during the pregnancy - and I'm not even pregnant yet! It's a frustrating cycle. Any advice?

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Originally posted by Dodger:
Oh and I almost forgot.......
Congratulations.
Dodger
No need for congratulations just yet! lol

We're ttc and I a tendancy to over think things. I want an easy pregnacy and I was just wondering if it's possible.

Thanks,
Alison

QueenEsther

Post by QueenEsther » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:09 am

Hello, I am new to this forum and was excited to see this topic. I have been mentally ready to have a baby for a couple of years but have panic disorder and have been on Xanax and Lexapro. I have been weaning off the Xanax for about a year and half. I used to take about 3-4 milligrams a day of xanax and then 10 mg of lexapro. Let me tell you it has been a long road. I was doing very well and then hit a bump in the road in July. at that point I was down to .35 of a milligram and then had to increase this october back to a 1 mg. I have started weaning off again since Decemebr and today I am proud to say I am down to 1/4 of a milligram!! I am really excited about this but nervous at the same time because I have gotten so dependent on taking my medicine 3 times a day for 3 and half years that it is hard not taking something during that time, you know? sometimes I wish I could take a placebo and see if I felt the same.
After that winded response, my husband and I are going to hopefully start trying this month or next and I wanted to see if your doctors let you take medicine, once you got pregnant, did you stop worrying about having panic attacks???

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:21 am

I've experienced anxiety for 10 years. I have a 5 month old and during my pregnancy I had very little anxiety. I did experience a type of excitement that took my mind off of the worry I had prior to my pregnancy. Since I gave birth my anxiety has come back so I am tryin to find the best way to deal with it. I am looking forward to this program. I ma sure you will have agreat pregnancy except for a minor morning sickness here and there.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:36 am

Did you ever take any medication before you got pregnant?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:59 am

I took medication while during my pregnancy, Zoloft. And before. I hope this topic is here when I get home so I can further comment.

Return to “Parent to Parent”