New mom...feel out of control

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
momofonelilboy

Post by momofonelilboy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I just found this forum, and I thought it may be a good source of support for me. I have a history of depression and anxiety, and I am a young mom. My son is 4 months old, and he is so very precious to me and my fiance. My life is a little chaotic right now, as I graduated college a few days after my son was born, and cannot find a job in which to support him or me. It's been very difficult for me knowing that I have a bachelor's degree and can't do anything with it.

My son is great, 95% of the time, just like any baby, and I feel like I have unrealistic expectations of him sometimes. I feel like I have such a short fuse, mainly after I've been cooped up all day in the house with him by myself.

I know it's not him, it's me. I feel like I have so much going on in my life right now, more than I ever had, and sometimes, I just want to crawl in a hole and disappear.

I'm glad that I found this forum, and I hope I can get some positive feedback, and hopefully some tips on what to do to feel better. Thanks.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:54 pm

From one mom to another...be kind to yourself! You have a 4-month-old and you are looking for work. That is a huge stress on anyone. I didn't find a job until over 4 months after I graduated, and many took much longer. Just 4 months ago you graduated college and had a baby...two lifechanging joyous yet stressful events. Most mothers I know have a short fuse by the end of the day! Don't beat yourself up about it. Do you have the Attacking Anxiety program?

Return to “Parent to Parent”