Trying for another baby made me anxious again.

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Okay, I've been anxiety free now for at least 18 months. My son is almost 4, and recently my husband and I decided to try for another baby. Now it's 1:30 am and I can't sleep because I'm what-ifing. I just feel like what if we are making the wrong decision. Just need some words of encouragement.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Rose Thorn, I say go for it!!! You will be just fine!!! Don't allow your fears to run your life for you!!! Good Luck :) ;) :)

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi, I just had to post because i am in the same boat as you. My anxiety started after I stopped nursing a year and a half ago and it's been miserable since! We have been trying for another the last couple of months and wham, I think I am prego! Boy I thought I was ready for another despite the anxiety, and major anxiety swept over me for like half an hour after I took that test and there were two lines, THEN I REMEMBERED! This was not anxiety I was feeling, this was EXCITEMENT! Very similar feelings actually, I just confused it for a moment, I was really happy about it, just fearing the worst to sweep over me as usual, and then.. happy blissfullness. Good luck, I say go for it too! I'm going to test again in the morning, because that second line was faint, but I am inspired to keep trying if it's not positive again. Happy New Year!

Return to “Parent to Parent”