Question for pregnant mommies!!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:21 am

I have been experiencing the dizzy's on and off for a while now and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced them or if i am the only one? Thanks very much

Amy

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:28 am

Hey, Girl!! Yes, dizziness is common. Pregnancy wreaks havoc on your body, mental state, everything! I get little mini-bouts of dizziness especially if I go from laying down to sitting or sitting to standing too fast, but sometimes just for seemingly no reason. They are brief episodes. No worries, all part of the process!!!! :) Tara

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:24 am

Thanks Tara for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was all a normal part of pregnancy or what. Mine seem to come out of now where and go one and off all day. Do you ever have that? I can't wait for her to come out already!!! I am scared but rather not feel like this much longer.....lol. I am not having another one....lol. Hope all is well with you. Another 16-18 weeks for me and I will be a new mommy!! xoxoxoxox Amy

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:41 am

Hi, Amy--yes it is on and off for me some days. Everything is out of whack when you're preggers! You must be so excited for your beautiful baby girl! I'm getting a little nervous, another 8-10 weeks for me. Not yet sure what to do with a baby boy after having two girls, but I'm guessing it will come to me, lol. ;)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:02 am

Tara, I have another question. Today I have been having cramps in my left side. Almost like period cramps and when I walk it hurts. Not sure if its normal or should call the doctor. i am not spotting or anything but I have noticed that my ankles are swollen. Please Help!!!!!

Thanks
Amy

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:15 am

Hi, Amy--pain on one side, especially if it travels down the back of your leg, is likely sciatic nerve pain. The babies like to sit on this nerve sometimes! And sometimes it is just muscular cramps because of the way the baby is situated. I'd try to relax, lie down when you can, move around. See if you can get Little Princess to move a little. If it persists for a couple of days I'd call the doc to be safe, but it sounds like pregnancy aches to me.

Swollen ankles, hands, wrists, are water retention. It means you need to put your feet up. You may want to check your blood pressure to make sure it is okay, sometimes when that goes up you swell up. But most of the time, swollen ankles are just a part of the fun that is being pregnant. NO worries, you are just fine!!!! :D

Tara

Return to “Parent to Parent”