Bad seperation Anxiety

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 am

Glad if I could help Naustin:)! Thanks for the compliments regarding my son. By the time he was two and a half, we knew he was going to have the diagnosis of autism and officially it was a few months before he turned three. Everyone kept saying he was getting early intervention but eight years ago, they didn't really have any way to intervene. He is now eleven with severe autism. I love Jenny McCarthy, but I haven't read any of her books yet so I will look into it. One day I was feeling down, and she was on Oprah talking about Mother Warriors and that made me feel better:).

That book that I recommended, "Myth of the Perfect Mother" is probably out of print, but it helps you decipher your strengths and weaknesses, etc. What do you love to do, that you would do even if you didn't get paid to do? What are you really great at? What do you get lost in doing where you forget what time it is? Those are some questions that can help point you in the right direction. Look at job postings that in some way let you use those gifts and strengths the most. It may not be perfect, but as long as its a job that let's you use your gifts, you will enjoy it more:). Sometimes, there are emergencies for short periods where the job may not completely match, but if it's an emergency, then you shouldn't plan on that forever.

Take care,
luvpiggy

Return to “Parent to Parent”