ALL PREGNANT PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY...

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for your responses. I also wanted to see if anyone else had trouble sleeping at night. I get nervous when I get a bad night sleep because I feel like my baby and I both need the sleep. Then when I have one bad night - I am afraid to go to bed the next night - fearing that I won't be able to sleep that night either. I am afraid I am going to get into such a mess!

hopehound

Post by hopehound » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Fear not!
You are not alone, all is well, I like to go to sleep with music when I feel that way, I love the DVD's that play and play! I like Mozart, and you know the baby will be peaceful when you play music too. My grand son went to sleep with music, in the womb, and still did when he was older, and hard to get to go to bed. just play some Mozart and he was off to sleep, it is relaxing and has tones that help the brain to grow. Brahms, too nothing with words there alto of relaxation CD's out there these days some made just for relaxing. I like the ocean, My husband once said it is like sleeping in the mountains when I got one that sounds just a river, with crickets and frogs an all.
Lucinda says False Evidence Appearing Real, is just an emotion, and emotions can't be trusted
What week are you in? Week 1 is all about the symptoms and common fears. when I was pregnant, I was so afraid i wasn't doing things right! that the baby wasn't going to be healthy, that I wasn't going to be a good mother, I felt so stupid. You having this program tells me you want to do the very best for your child and you are on the right track taking care of yourself, is the best thing you can do for that baby. they say the best way to teach is by example and you will be the best example for this child when you go through this program, and "Learn" the tools of happiness.
"I can't change the past, BUT I CAN change my attitude" that is the key, and the tools for doing it is in this program. "This condition is temporary is so key too! like being pregnant I guarantee you it will only last 9 months. so much in life only last a little while and when you look back at it, you will smile one day and be great full for all you learned in the situation. Life is a series of learning, I can tell you, I tried allot of things over the years and I do wish I had this when I was pregnant, all I learned to do is crochet. not nearly as useful as changing my attitude about life. but I was able to help my children even tho they are in there 20's now, to change their attitude too.
ANGELS CAN FLY BECAUSE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES LIGHTLY

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 am

hey everyone, so glad to be here! i guess my story is...i started getting anxiety after my 1st child turn 1. i mean i had anxiety b4 that..but that was on and off...not like this..! i have ost all the time. so i've been this way for about 18 months now...but with this forum and books i have come along way. one of my fear is how will i cope with pregnancy? my child is going to be 4 and i want to have another baby but have been scared of what pg can do to me. i feel like now that i'm feeling better again..if i get pg it will send me back to square one, i'm so scared that the ost will come back in full swing..mind you the ost never went away i'm just better and managing them but i feel like if i get pg i will loss my ability to do all what i'm doing now...!btw i did all this without any med.. and want to go through pg without it as well..is there anyone out there that can help me..??? also for those who have posted here b4..i was wondering how oyur all going now..i know some of u would have had the babies now..how is that going??? love to hear from you all!

epa

Post by epa » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 pm

I am 7 weeks pregnant and have had anxiety attacks for several years... Now that I am pregnant, I am concerned about not having a "back up" - meaning, I can't take a Klonopin if needed..... Has anyone taken Klonopin during their pregnancy? Also, does anyone take Omega-3 Supplements? Does that seem to help?

Thank you!
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:05 am

Every pregnant woman should be taking the Omega 3's in the form of DHA as well as prenatal vitamins. Your doctor should have made you aware of that.

derfy

Post by derfy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:35 am

I am sooo relieved that I have found this site. I went through the attacking anxiety program about 6 years ago. I can't tell you what a wonderful tool this program is. I have been feeling so good (despite some ups and downs) until i found out about 2 week ago that i was pregnant. I actually left work today because of the syptoms i have been having, which is very unlike me. I have been soooo anxious, all of the old feelings seem to have just come right back and i feel helpless. I feel a little nausous, tired, hot, dizzy. And all of you know that any of these feelings can send u into a straight panic attack. I take cymbalta for my anxiety, i'm on the lowest dose. I think i need to increase this medication. I feel my anxiety is harming the baby. but, i'm also concerned about this medication harming the baby. I really thought i had this anxiety this under control. Something like this, should be a beautiful, wonderful time and experience. and instead i'm making it awful. any suggestions??? anyone that took meds through through pregnancy???? i appreciate any insights. thanks
patti
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Hello -

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant. I have always been a worrier and I even went through this program and I felt like I started to overcome my worry and anxiety some. Anyways – I wanted to get pregnant for so long and I thought it would never happen, but it finally did! God blessed me and my husband. However, ever since I have been pregnant - I feel like I worry about everything. And I cannot make a decision for the life of me and when I do I always worry I made the wrong decision and that it will effect the baby in a bad way. This scares me...I am driving my husband nuts with all my worries and questions…I just want the baby to be healthy and I don’t want to do anything to hurt him/her. It is like I am afraid to do anything with the fear that it could be bad for the baby. Also, I worry that if I cannot make a decision now and I worry about everything - what am I going to do when I have the baby - I am scared I will be much worse and fall apart. Does anyone have any advice?

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:48 pm

I had no idea that you could be on any medicine while u were prego. That has always been a fear for me that if I was to get prego that I would have to get completley off the meds. My boyfriend and I are afraid that If I was to get prego and take the meds then the baby would come out having problems??? Any responses would be wonderful!

GE

Post by GE » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:42 am

I started this thread over a year ago when my husband and I were trying. Now, I have a healthy four month old girl.

I was originally terrified of getting off meds, throwing up (since I have a fear of that), and just being pregnant in general.

I was very nauseated but never threw up thankfully but at the times I did, I told myself I just have to accept it, embrace what is and go on. If it happens, it'll happen and that I could do it. There were lots of times were I constantly worried about the baby's well being. But at the same time, I would tell myself, this stress is not necessary because the baby doesn't need it.

I ate healthy and did continue taking Buspar but weaned myself to half a tablet rather than the whole tablet. I was trying to wean myself off completely so that I could breastfeed but never could do it in time. But that's OK. I accepted it. I didn't fail because I had accomplished so much already.

I was terrified of labor but afterwards when my daughter was born, it wasn't that bad. Yes, it was painful and I was scared but you realize you're now doing something for someone else...so it's almost like all your fears are cast aside to protect and care for this new being.

I did have panic attacks while pregnant and still had anxiety..I still do have my anxiety but I feel that going through pregnancy has made me stronger than ever. I think it's because I "made it" through pregnancy when I thought I could never do something like that. And my focus is on my daughter now, not me. I don't have time to worry and be anxious.

I don't want my daugher to have anxiety because of her watching me freak out. I will do what I can to help her when she's nervous, anxious, angry, with things that I learned from the program.

This program has helped me regained a lot of my life back after several years of having panic disorder and anxiety/depression. I made the right choice by getting this program and I thank God for giving me strength to get through it.

I say, if I can do it, then everyone can do it. Stay positive and never give up!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you, what an accomplishment!! Taking your eyes off of you, and doing something for some one else, is the key, our problems get smaller when we give bigger. God Bless you and yours'

Return to “Parent to Parent”