ALL PREGNANT PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY...

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Hey, Candi and Lisa--update, my son was born on 4/14/08, 9 lbs 4 oz. of healthy baby boy!!! NO withdrawal symptoms, NO problem latching on, No problems whatsoever. In fact, as a c-section delivery we did so well we went home 4/16/08, just 48 hours after the surgery :D

So try to relax and be comfortable in your choice to take the meds needed to get through the pregnancy and spare your babies from panic attacks, it is so worth it in the end.

Hugs, Tara
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:26 am

This is wonderful reading all of your experiences. My husband and I are planning on trying to have a baby. I suffered from anxiety after my dad died 8 years ago. Through Zoloft, Xanax, therapy and this program I got better. Two weeks ago I started having major set backs with my anxiety and OCD. I am really scared to go back on meds especially since we are going to start trying. We are going to wait a little while to see if I get better, it's only been 2 weeks, but they have been 2 weeks of mental exhaustion/torture. I have had waves of feeling absolutely fine and in control, and I can rationalize when I feel fine. It's those crazy times that are tormenting me. I have a therapy appointment coming up and a doctors appointment, I am going to try to find an OB/GYN that might be compassionate with this topic. I am also starting the tapes again. I am afraid of becoming Depressed after giving birth or that my child will wind up with this problem. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Tara! Congratulations on your baby boy! :) Glad to hear he's so healthy and that the both of you are doing great!

As for me, I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday, and my nauseousness is in full effect. It started getting bad yesterday morning when I woke up, and now it's almost 24 hours later and it's still just as bad. Granted, I'm not throwing up, but the nauseousness is more than enough for me. LOL! I have my saltine crackers and my water right next to me on my night stand. Saltine crackers and toast have been my best friends lately. LOL!

I have my first pre-natal appointment on Thursday, so I'm very excited! :)

I'm now officially xanax-free for 3 weeks. I still have minor anxiety episodes, but none like the one I had 2 weeks ago.

~Lisa~

h.beth

Post by h.beth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:35 am

Before discovering I was pregnant I was on Xanax, zoloft, and trazadone.....discovering my pregnancy all meds were stopped immediately except the zoloft. I drew down on them. My Doctors and I were not willing to take a side affect chance with the baby. By the 4 month there was no need for zoloft. Anxiety adn panic continued to challenge me most of my pregnancy so each time a panic attack came i jumped in the shower......some days I took 6 showers in that day!!!..lol...But it showed me that I could do it without meds......now 1 year later....only taking xanax as needed and sleep is great..My little girl is beautiful and fabulous but I can't jump in the shower 6 times a day anymore..lol..Thank God for xanax.....

Enjoy your pregnancy it does go by so fast.

Blessings

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:06 am

Thanks to all, I have been reading all these posts, even the ones from last year. I am hoping to start trying to get pregnant later this year and your information is very helpful. I am not on lexapro anymore but I have been having bad panic attacks again in the past 3 months, so wondering if I should go back on an anti-depressant. Anyway, your experiences and words are helping me ask the right questions of my psychiatrist and to think about who will be my mid-wife and/or ob dr.
thanks and peace,
Mary

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 am

I"m 6 weeks pregnant - taking Celexa and have Klonpin on an as needed basis. I am having severe anxiety and panic disorder. The problem is that the medication DOES NOT HELP and I am looking at 8 months of wanting to die.. I"m trying to think of a plan to help myself.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 am

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. I am so excited becuaze my husband and I tried forever to have a baby...this is what I really want. However, this past week I have had a real tough one...I feel so sick to my stomach all the time and it is hard to eat. I am also very shaky. I get so nervous because I don't know if this is anxiety or morning sickness. I also have started to have trouble sleeping and now I am scared to go to bed at night because I fear another bad night sleep. I am just scared I will hurt the baby if I keep this up or that it could get worse. Any advice...anyone at this same point?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:58 am

I had morning sickness for 5 months, and nearly lost my baby because my stomach muscles weekend. I went to a different Dr. and he had me go to bed and not even lift my head unless I had to "go bad" and he drove the 7 miles to my house to gave me Vitamin B shots every other day, that was in 1971. when my daughter was pregnant she started on the same problem, her Dr gave her one shot vitamin B shot and she was fine after that. If your Dr. doesn't want to for some reason you can get Vitamin B in liquid form now and put it under your tong it works immediately. I have been reading and understand that Omega E vitamins help with the foggy thinking, while you are pregnant, and as for the sleepless night I have found Calcium and it comes in Liquid now too. I used it in 73 for my last child, it so helped me sleep, and it help to build strong bones for the baby. you can't go wrong with any of these vitamins, they can help so much! after the baby comes the liquid calcium is wonderful for them too. As they grow their little bones, they get growing pains, and the calcium works better, faster, and easier than Tylenol. when my baby got fussy, I just dipped the nipple in the liquid calcium and he felt better.
Today I use liquid Calcium for pan, myself, 1/2 an ounce every 6 hours works better than Tylenol, after all when your body is hurting it isn't because it is deficient in aspirin, usually it is deficient in Calcium. I have had migraines for 38 years and I tried many pain pills, the best I have ever found is liquid Calcium.
God Bless you and your Baby.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:51 pm

I did have morning sickness every mornig. THis is normal and I think is caused by hormonal changes. One thing that helps is to eat some crackers before getting up in the morning. That should help. Just relax and enjoy the experience of pregnancy; morning sickness and all.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:48 am

Hi there ~ I know EXACTLY how you are feeling...and it is NOT fun...but at least you have this forum to help you out!

With my son, I was sick for 5 months, but with my daughter, I had anxiety, depression, and on top of it all, morning sickness.

My dr always told me "the sicker (w/ morning sickness) the mother, the healthier the baby" and he said that as long as I kept hydrated, that the eating would come eventually.

Do not try to play tricks with your mind about the nausea. Some of us get it alot worse than others. Just reassure yourself that the baby is fine, and you just keep on drinking lots of whatever you can get down.

Trust me, with my last pregnancy (in 2006) I didn't eat enough for a bird to stay alive. I was only able to get maybe 2 teaspoons of tapioca down & maybe a handful of dry cereal a day. I actually lost almost 15 pounds in my 3rd month of pregnancy.

But you know what?? I ended up having an almost 10 lb baby!!

Just take care of yourself, the baby will be fine!! Hang in there kiddo, and if you ever need to "talk", I'd love to be your e-friend! I am at pigeonco at frontiernet dot net.

Return to “Parent to Parent”