ALL PREGNANT PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY...

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:20 am

I was reading last year, new studies have found that the depression surrounding pregnancy is rooted in the depilation of Omega oils. the baby needs tremendous amounts of all the Omega oils, to build it's brain, thus they take it from the host (mother) the problem is if the host isn't replacing Omega oils in her diet, or with supplements she runs out, thus causing pre/post prardom depression and possibly heart problems, too.

Years ago it was found that Calcium is so important for the mother to replace when the baby is building bone, it will take all the mother has, some mothers actually loosing teeth, while prevent for lack of calcium, The introduction of Prenatal vitamins have picked up on the calcium problem but are often sadly lacking in the Omega oils, and the S.(standard)A.(American) D.(diet) is very much lacking in Omega oils.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:43 am

Hello All,
I just wanted to let you know that I am a mother now! I gave birth to Georgia last night at 7:32. She is perfect and it was ALL worth it!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:13 am

Congratulations!!!!!!! :) I know what you mean, all is forgotten and forgiven, when you hold that baby :)
Just remember "Kids you cant beat em"!!! :)
God Bless you and yours

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:18 am

Hi there,
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the all day morning sickness. I'm currently 7 wks pregnant. Discontinued Xanax a few weeks ago, as soon as I found out and so far no panic attacks. Actually flew to a conference out of town last week and met with new collegues with no panic, the hormones must really be working. Only one day of tears and obsessive thougthts in the last two weeks. With the morning sickness, I'm so focused on smells and constant nausea, there's no time left to obsessively think about what I might do, might have done, etc. which was a real problem for me before now.

Of course, I've had terrible dreams about losing the baby, but I also had a miscarriage 9 months ago, so I am able to reason better now about it.

Last night my husband bought me "Travel-Ease" wrist bands as an anti-nausea device, no medications in it. It seems to have taken the edge off today, but not 100%.

In my last pregnancy my anxiety/depression went away as well. It seems like this is happening again.

Working with my OB to make sure my transition from L&D to postpartum works smoothly. My anxiety hit with my last child when I started weaning to go back to work.

Hopefully this discussion group will continue, I'd like to see how everyone doing with symptoms.

Good luck to you all!
Lucie

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 am

Hey Ladies!

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant! I found out a week ago, and thus stopped taking xanax. Yesterday I had a HORRIBLE panic attack while I was driving. Ended up pulling over and, long story short, going to the doctor. He said there really wasn't any anxiety medicine that is "safe" during pregnancy, but there are a few anti-depressants that are.

So my question is this: what meds have you been on while pregnant and your babies didn't have any withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks,
Lisa

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:01 am

Hi, Lisa--congratulations again on the baby! I am delivering my third baby next Monday, and have been on 40 mg of Prozac daily and .5 mg of Klonopin as needed throughout the pregnancy. I tried to stop taking all meds when I got pregnant, and ended up in the deepest depression and constant state of panic I've ever experienced (NOT that this will happen to you!!)

At any rate, I worked very closely with my Psychiatrist and my Ob throughout the pregnancy, and while it is true that NO medicine can be called 100% "Safe", there are pros and cons you need to address. For me, my docs were very clear with me that panic attacks were much more likely to negatively affect my baby than the medications. Prozac can cause a day of withdrawal symptoms in 25% of newborns, so 75% do not even notice. Of course I pray that my baby will be part of the 75%, but the docs will watch him and take care of his comfort if, God forbid, he has any withdrawal. Amazingly, my docs have said the Klonopin is not a real concern for withdrawal, and as my Prozac began working throughout my pregnancy I dropped to using Klonopin maybe once per week.

Point--talk with your docs, you may even need to sit down with a high risk Ob as they are more open to discussing meds (this is what my doc is). If you need them, you need them. It is always better to not take them, but the alternative for some of us is not so good.

Keep us posted!

Tara

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 am

Congratulations Lisa! I took 50 mg of Zoloft during pregnancy. This is a very small dose, but it really helped with my panic! I had gone off of paxil when I found out I was pregnant and then started having having insomnia and anxiety attacks in the middle of the night. The Zoloft made a huge difference and helped me through some difficult times, including the illness and death of my father-in-law in October. Little Georgia was born six weeks ago today. She did not have any withdrawl simptoms and is doing great.

Also I had a home birth and my midwife was fine with me being on Zoloft, so you may not even need a high risk OB.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:01 am

Tara & Starflower, thank you for your responses. I have a list started on Microsoft Word of questions I have & symptoms I've been experiencing started to bring to my first appointment on April 24th. I added your responses to it, I hope you don't mind!

~Lisa~

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:39 am

Lisa,
I am currently 6.5 months pregnant and started off taking 50 mg of Zoloft at 4 months pregnant, but had to move up to 100 mg. I was having problems sleeping at one point and they told me that I could take benedrill 50 mg to help me sleep. I had very bad panic attacks and very bad anxiety when I first found out that I was pregnant. I was so scared that something bad was going to happen to the baby. I can tell you that the Zoloft has helped and I have not had a panic attack in a while, but I was scared of the risks too and my doctor told me that some babies have a jittery response to eating and can't lack on after they are born, but that will go away by the time they go home and in all the babies that he has delivered he has never seen a case of this. Also, my doctor has a very well known name around my neck of the woods and his office is in the hospital where I am to deliver, so I trust him. Also, I figured that was the only risk then I was willing to take it to get myself better. I still have some negative thoughts and stuff but nothing like it was.. If you need anything feel free to email me at southernraised27@yahoo.com

I hope I helped you and congrats on the new bundle of joy.

Candi

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Hey, Candi and Lisa--update, my son was born on 4/14/08, 9 lbs 4 oz. of healthy baby boy!!! NO withdrawal symptoms, NO problem latching on, No problems whatsoever. In fact, as a c-section delivery we did so well we went home 4/16/08, just 48 hours after the surgery :D

So try to relax and be comfortable in your choice to take the meds needed to get through the pregnancy and spare your babies from panic attacks, it is so worth it in the end.

Hugs, Tara
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Return to “Parent to Parent”