Postpartum anxiety, depression

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Nole

Post by Nole » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 pm

The anxiety stopped rather quickly, like within the month. But I did have some break through anxiety at 3 months too, but it was very short lived and went away quickly. I still will briefly get a feeling of anxiety but it never lasts. I would say by the 4th month I was feeling the total benefits of the med. I will say that if I am sick, getting sick, hormonal, eat too much sugary food, and have caffiene the anxious feeling will try and creep back, those are triggers for me, but they never last, its like the Lex takes over and makes it go away or I have better control to stop it because of the Lex. But overall it works really well for me. Perhaps you need a higher dose?? What dose do you take now?? I would discuss this with your doc.
Noelle

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. ~Author Unknown
Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which will never happen. ~James Russel Lowell

cuddlyangel

Post by cuddlyangel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm in my 5th week and really thought I was doing good, calming down, eating healthier, walking everyday but on Tues. I went for my follow up appt. with my obgyn I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my bp was high, I had 1 protein in my urine and I told the doc that I had been experiencing on and off slight blurry/foggy vision and mild headaches also on and off and he sent me to the hospital to rule out preclampsia, Thank God that it wasn't, here is where my severe anxiety is kicking in, when I go to any doc, hospital etc... that they have to take my bp I get really nervous, I'm not sure why I do but my bp & hp get high because of it, I was in the hospital from Tues. evening to this morning and when I was in the labor room that the machine was taking it automatically and I was in bed I was able to calm down so my bp was normal but then when they transfered me to the other floor that they had a nurse every few hours take it; the first reading was good and when I was in bed it was good but when I was up sitting or walking around I would get really bad anxiety and it would come up high; I'm not sure where this fear is coming from but it's really driving me crazy and I want to continue being healthy so that I can have a baby full term and not affect my health and my baby's; can anyone please give me some advice tips etc... to see if I can get these scary irrational thoughts or feelings when I have to go to doc or hospital and get my bp taken. I have an appt with a psychiatrist in about 1.5 wks to see if he'll prescribe something for this anxiety; do you think that with this program, therapist and meds I'll be able to get better before I give birth??? I really appreciate you reading my long post and replying back to it.

God Bless Everyone, Cristy

Valeria83

Post by Valeria83 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:20 am

Hi Cristy, I hope you are feeling better now. All I can tell you is that you just have to be patient, let time pass and everything will go away, you will be ok just hang in there.
Take care of yourself, and the miracle that's in you!
Hugs, Valeria

cuddlyangel

Post by cuddlyangel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks for your reply Valeria, I know I have to be very patient and work very hard at getting my Emotions as calm & relaxed as possible. May God Bless You, Cristy

Return to “Parent to Parent”