kids growing up too fast

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
kwick

Post by kwick » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:30 am

Ive just joined...my problem started about a year ago. in a nut shell Ive fell into a deep depression when my 13 yr old went to live w her dad... i knew it was coming..I thought I was prepared emotionally. but when she left carrying her bags and got into his truck it hit me like a ton of bricks. since then Ive had panic attacks
I slip into states of depression where i cant function normally. My son (now 13) lives w/me. I see my daughter all the time(shes only 5 miles away) but I cant look at memories of them growing up...our beautiful wonderful past is now so much more bitter than sweet. I feel like I want to stop time!! and hold them in my arms forever!! can anyone relate?
It wasnt long ago when they would fight and bicker and I would tell myself 'I cant wait til they GROW UP and move out!!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:51 am

Hey Lady, you have got to pull it together or you will get sick behind those panic attacks and be NO good to anyone. Any change will cause stress in our lives, WE all live it, but you have you son their who needs his Mom too and he probably have is own heartache to deal with not having his sister around. One good thing you pointed out,was she does't live far. Look at the bright side for a moment....
She is close by. She still loves you. You can plan family outings with your kids. Stay strong and stay healthly PLEASE. It is just an adjustment. Some folks daughters are in another state, out of the country, or terminally ill and unable to enjoy the little things we take for granted. Make time for girly-weekends too, just you and her, shopping, getting your nails/feet done. Teach her how to cook because she is growing up now and will really need you during those boys teenagers years. KEEP communication open. I have a 21 year old daughter, getting ready to graduate from college, said she will be moving and marrying in a few years to Atlanta. You my babygirl will one day be having her own life. It will be hard because WE ARE VERY CLOSE, mother and daughter relationship. SPEND AS MUCH TIME WITH BOTH OF YOUR KIDS, let them see you as a strong women keeping it together for the family. Hug her and kiss her and say, she can count and call on you anytime day or night and you will be there. Who knows, maybe she will be back in a few months if she is unable to adjust with living with Dad. Girlpower! Keep the faith.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:27 am

I started to feel sad , over the summer. One day i woke up and my daughter was no longer a little girl. She is 11, she is just as tall as i am. She is not that interested in being with me, she does her own thing and i must say , it was very depressing. I still have a few years before she is off to college, I am going to enjoy them with her and not let this anxiety/depression take that away. Since your daughter is not far away, try and spend the weekends with her. For what ever the reason was she went to live with dad, let her know she has a strong mom she can come back to anytime she feels the need. Change is hard, but try and make the best of it.
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Return to “Parent to Parent”