Need help!!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:24 am

Ok so most of you know that I am pregnant. Well just today I was sitting at the computer and all of a sudden I started getting these spots in my eyes pretty much like black spots. I thought it might be because I was hot or something so I went into the bathroom and all of a sudden I started to pour out sweat all over my body and my skin felt cool and clamy. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced it and what they did and should I call my doctor?

Thanks
Amy

DebbieW

Post by DebbieW » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:48 am

Hi Amy,

It would not be a bad idear to give your doctor a call and just run it by him or her. Did you eat anything today? Have you ever had any problem with yur blood suger while you were pregnant? I would call the doctor just to make sure everything is ok. I am sure it is, it could just be hormones. Good luck.

Debbie

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:59 am

Hey Amybaby,
Honey I have had that happen before it was a new symptom for me for the anxiety but it passed probably in about 10 minutes or a little longer didn't last too long. It could very well be a hormone fluctuation. But with you being preggo honey I would check with the doc. I am sure sweetie everything is fine I know you worry, but I am sure it is okay. Just a good idea to give your doc a quick call and let him know in case it is your blood sugar or something. But sweetie it will be fine. Let me know how you make out and how you are feeling. Email me if you need anything at all.
Love you
Mimi
p.s. how is my grandaughter doing

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:57 am

Hey mimi and debbie thanks for the post. I called my doctor, well had him paged, and he assured me that everything was ok. Apparently its my blood sugar, I ate biscuits and gravy this morning that shot my bs up to high and then it dropped really quick. Who would of thought right. I have been eating them for breakfast alot lately but for some reason today wasn't a good day to eat them lol.

Mimi,
She is doing ok, gonna get another us on March the 1st so I will send you some pics finally. I am trying to wait to send you some so that I can send them all at once. She hasn't been really active the last few days. I feel her move but not like I was so thats got me a little worried. maybe if I call the doctor they can do my US earlier but Brian wouldn't be able to be there. I'll just wait I guess, I am sure everything is ok. Left you a pm hope you get it. Love Ya ok so now she wants to move, its just not as strong maybe she's turning or something!!!

Pregnant mommies,

I would love to hear if anyone one else has went thru this while pregnant. Please let me know so that I am not worried as much. Thanks

Nana P

Post by Nana P » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 am

Question: My doctor does not want to change my meds during a stress "season". He wants to wait until things calm down. My mom died, Christmas,
work stress, my husband's job is ending-that will bring a move. It is all too much. Then my daughter comes up pregnant with her third 'unwed' pregnance. Stress and anxiety is taking over.

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:47 am

Nana,
Im very sorry to hear about your mother:( Im sure that has to be extremely hard on you. We get overwhelmed with so much espcially as women and of course having anxiety doesnt help much either.
Im sorry your going through so much. Im sure you have heard this before,, but Please try to take it ONE day at a time.. even One HOur at a time... I hope you are trying to work the program. It honestly does help.
You didnt mention how old your daughter is? But if this is her 3 pregnacy and has never been married, she must be old enough for YOU not to overwhelm yourself in her stress.
Sometimes, especially when our kids are adults, we have to just back away, and let them learn the lessons of life the hard way.
You have to take care of YOU! Your emotions, your physical body!!! If you feel your medication isnt working, go back and talk to your doctor.. let him know if they arent working.
I know you have a lot of your plate right now,, so Breathe,, Take a long walk, or a long soothing bath.. Whatever it is, give yourself some ME time!!! You will be in my prayers,, Nelly:)

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:25 pm

ok wow, so i guess I am the only pregnant woman to experience this. That might be a first. If anyone has anything to add feel free too!!!

LeeAnn Sanzo

Post by LeeAnn Sanzo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:33 pm

Hello, I know what you mean about getting involved in adult children's problems..but I guess that's why we're such sensitive people..my son is unwed and having a baby with his girlfriend and his girlfriend tells me when she's upset because they're having an argument..I would try to talk to my son about it, but it would only end up with my son and I arguing and then I would worry, worry, worry about the situation..now for my own sanity, I try not to get in the middle..if they aren't getting along..I try to let them figure it out and I just tell his girlfriend that sometimes when he needs space, just let him go for a walk and he'll be in a better state of mind to talk about things later..I've noticed women like to settle an argument before going to bed, men can go to sleep and then wake up in a better mood and then talk about things..I told her I know it's hard, but sometimes he just needs a little time to himself and then you'll be able to talk to him better when he's had some time to sort things out..and I let them work it out..this is helping me with some of the stress in my life..I think that's part of this stress thing, we are people that hold everyone's stresses, and we worry alot..it's like we're carrying the weight of the world..Also, I need to get back to driving and get back to church, so I can lay these problems at the altar and let him fix things
marie123

Return to “Parent to Parent”