wanting everything to be ok

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Candiandricky

Post by Candiandricky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 am

Hi all,
I have a fear that something will be wrong with the baby. I just want him to be healthy and on time (not early) I think that I am doing ok, and then I might hear someone talking about their little one or something along the lines of pregnancy and I think something bad is going to happen. And the people don't even have to be talking about bad things, it just like triggers my brain or something. I am 6 months pregnant too by the way..

What is wrong with me???

Besides being retarded or something!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:27 am

Congratulations Candiandricky!...everything will be ok :) I think you're just worried, focus on the positives...replace your negative thoughts with truthful positive ones. Enjoy being pregnant, its freakin awesome (not that I'd know)! What an awesome miracle! I'm excited for you and it seems that you're a very caring parent.

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:17 am

Congratulations! I am 38 weeks and personally hoping my little boy comes soon, I feel done, lol. You have to trust your body, and God (if you believe in Him) to do what is supposed to happen. This is my third baby, and my second was a premie, emergency c-section at 33 weeks. (She is a perfectly healthy 4 year old now) So I worried for a long time that this baby would also come early, and have a complicated pregnancy. I finally accepted that it is out of my control beyond taking care of myself, and let go of the worry, and everything has been fine.

Another reason to breathe is that you are at the point of viability at 6 months. While you would not want your baby born now, he could live with help at this point.

You will do fine, and have a wonderful pregnancy. And when they hand that little man to you, this will all have been worth it. Good luck!

Tara

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:40 am

Thanks so much! that was very uplifting. I do believe in GOD very much, but there is something that holds me back from just letting go and letting GOD. I feel horrible about that as well. Thanks so much.

Candi

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:55 am

Candi,

I know exactly how you feel about "letting go and letting God", but on an different issue than pregnancy.

I have come to the realization though that my worrying and obsessing is not going to change one blessed little thing for the positive...and it may actaully change things for the worse.

Truly - look at your stomach - what can you do? You're pregnant. You're expecting a beautiful baby boy. He'll come whenever he is ready (my first was almost 3 weeks late and my second was 3 days early!) There are no thoughts you can have and no worries that you can create in your mind that will change what God has started in you. And it's ALL GOOD. :)

And, before you know it...you'll be well familiar with what 2:00 AM looks like on the clock, your clothes will smell like baby spit-up, conversations about poop will be a normal thing, and naptime will be your best friend. :)

Blessings,
Dawn

Return to “Parent to Parent”