Found Out On Monday!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
~Lisa~

Post by ~Lisa~ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:35 pm

We found out on Monday that I'm pregnant! We're so thrilled! The only thing that's making me nervous is that I had to stop taking my meds for my anxiety. I was on xanax since 2005, and on Monday, I had to stop cold turkey. I'd take them on an as-need basis, and last night, during the night, I was awoken by two episodes. I just breathed through them and tried to stay calm, and I did it! I'm hoping that just the mere thought that I can't take the xanax because of the baby...hopefully it'll get me over my need for it! Hopefully I can relearn how to just work through the anxiety without meds, and be off them forever. That's my hope!

~Lisa~
Visit My Website!

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:45 pm

I don't know you but I saw your post and wanted to say congratulations! How exciting!

TL7

Post by TL7 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:46 pm

YAY...congratulations!!! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)
"If you want it, you got it... you just have to believe....believe in yourself" Lenny Kravitz

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Hey girl. Congratulations. You can do it. I went through and got over this anxiety without medication. It's possible.

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Lisa, congratulations and best wishes for all of you. You did an excellent job with the 2 episodes too. Keep up the good work!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

luvlife

Post by luvlife » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Congratulations! You are on a journey to joy! Just remember "If God brings you to - He'll bring you through it".
You have my prayers. Hugs ^j^
"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ~ it's learning to dance in the rain."

DMP720

Post by DMP720 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:02 am

Congratulations!!!!! :)

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:21 am

Congratulations, Lisa! But be careful about the cold turkey thing...I'm due to deliver my baby by c-section in a week, and have been on Prozac and Klonopin as needed throughout the pregnancy due to the anxiety that increased with the hormones. My ob and psychiatrist worked really closely together monitoring my meds, and the baby and I did great. Just a plug to try and reassure you, some of us just can't stop our meds altogether and it is okay, even when pregnant. There are options if your episodes continue, though I hope they do not.

Feel free to pm me, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Candiandricky

Post by Candiandricky » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 am

BTTRFLY said it great! First off Congrats on the bundle of joy and I tried not to be on anything for the anxiety through the pregnancy and at about 4 months I needed something cause I was driving myself nuts. They put me on Zoloft and I am doing much better than I was. You can do this and if you find that you need meds that is ok too! There are safe meds out there. Congrats again and keep us posted...

Candi

P.S. Feel free to PM me either anytime..

MC Grace

Post by MC Grace » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:01 am

congrats!
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13:6

Return to “Parent to Parent”