ok what happened??????

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:40 am

I had a post here the other day and it kind of got over ran with something off of the topic that I chose so I just figured i would write another post and see if anyone has felt this way when pregnant. the other day I was sitting at the computer and started seeing black spots, got real hot, sweaty, then cold and clammy. I paged my doctor and he said it might be my blood sugar. This is coming from a man that has only visited with me once and for like 2 minutes but i am sure he knows what he is talking about. Has anyone else felt this way while pregnant or not pregnant? Thanks for the info.

Amy

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 am

Hello--yes, yes, and yes. :) Blood sugar is funny during pregnancy, a friend of mine here at work passed out literally at her desk once because of this while pregnant. She drank some Coke and was all better.

dizziness and light headedness are par for the course, unfortunately. Check out Whattoexpect.com, it answers a lot of symptom questions and you can sign up for weekly emails on how your baby and your body are likely doing...
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey thanks for that. I kind of figured it was all normal but to ease my fears I knew I could count on my friends here. Thanks so much and I will check out that site for sure. Thanks!!!

Amy

wanthappyagain...

Post by wanthappyagain... » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Amy guess who ?
you are so ok. Pregancies are very strange sometimes but your body is so smart and it is so different now while that precious child is growing. Being scared is a very common thing when pregnant. You are doing a fabulous job at it. It is good to ask questions and very smart to call your Doctor when these off things happen. So many people have odd sensations and feelings while pregnant... the greatest feeling is when you get to hold this little one ..... This will all pass Amy and I believe in you. Good for you for your awareness and continue to smile and be excited too ! children are gifts from heaven..... they truly are and your being blessed to have one to love and raise. What a wonderful honor it is to be a Mom. your are all good amy
love , wanthappyagain

Amy Steckler

Post by Amy Steckler » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 am

Wendy, you are so wonderful. Always there to encourage me and you definetly know what to say. You have helped me so much and I want you to know that I am so grateful for you!!! You are such a wonderful person and I am so blessed that you are my friend. Love Ya!!!!

Amy

wanthappyagain...

Post by wanthappyagain... » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:51 am

ahhhh amy...... ty .. it is hard being a mom but the rewards ae those sweet smiles and hugs and the innocense of a child. the swetness they bring into our lives. Children bring peace to us. To be like child is so important and i am grateful that i have 4 children here in my home that help me and inspire me to be my best. They are great examples to me and have such zest for life. I look to my children for that peace....
as i watched my litle girl today as she walked up the driveway to her friends I thought " oh to be so innocent and trusting and no fear as she went to play... so happy so thrilled to see her friend and to be free. I look upto her for the ability that i once had to be happy and free and innocent. Children are a great reminder of the way to be. When your little one is here Amy..... you will see and feel that comfort .. they are simmply a miracle and treasure and a beautiful wonder for us to enjoy in our life. I love you amy ......

Return to “Parent to Parent”