Any other stay at home moms ready to lose their mind!

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
acarr3

Post by acarr3 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 pm

This was a really great discussion becase I too am a new SAHM. Daughter is 15 months. I agree with mostly everything said here. I belong to MOPS and they are a lifesaver. I also do storytimes at libraries and bookstores to get out. They normally have special storytimes for kids. I've joined a couple moms groups and I go to playdates as well. If I can keep these things going throughout the week I do alot better and have less melt downs. When I slip up and decide to stay in the house more than I should, then melt downs start. I really have to get out daily with my daughter for at least 2 hours a day. I am learning that. I understanding what you need to do as an individual to cope is a good thing. I have struggled with anxiety before my daughter was born. It was worst than this but it's gotten a little better. However I still feel like it has too much control over my life. I looked at Lucinda's program when I first realize I was struggling with anxiety. I didn't get it then. But for some reason today I was compelled to take a step of faith and do the program. I don't know how I'm going to pay for it, but I'm trusting God that He will provide. I have the strong feeling that it's going to help me. I haven't even told my husband because I really want it to be between me and God and I want my husband to see the fruit of it. Sorry about going off on a tangent. I'm just so excited about finally getting the help that I need.

anxiousegirl.

Post by anxiousegirl. » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:18 am

:roll: i know what you mean i think we all as mothers have tho's days an the worse part is whwn ur nerves are buggin u its like they feel it so they ackt up morre //.

Iwannabenormalagain!

Post by Iwannabenormalagain! » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:00 am

I am a stay at home mom to a 18 month year old. It is not easy at all he is really hiper and is always in things. I find myself getting angry alot plus i have been struggling with anxiety and panic since i was a teen. That doesnt help the situation either. I know how you are feeling. i just order the program today I hope it helps me to deal with this so I can get through this But im keeping the faith and praying.

Return to “Parent to Parent”