question for women with children??

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
Candiandricky

Post by Candiandricky » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:45 am

Hi,
As most of you know from reading my profile that I am pregnant with my first child and I was so excited to be pregnant and now I am questioning myself for some unknown reason. I wonder am I really ready for this? Is this what I really wanted? Wouldn't it be much easier without this child on the way? I don't understand because we tried for 3 years to get pregnant and finally it happened and now this!!!

Please tell me someone else has experienced this??

Candi

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 am

Hello Candiandricky
Congratulations. This is such a special time. Try and enjoy it. I think everyone who has ever been pregnant has often wondered if it was the right time. I know I did. It's just human nature.

I am blessed to be the mother of three wonderful boys. I have had anxiety /panic attacks all my life. I was very anxious about having children.

You can do this and you will be a great mother. My few sugesstions: Try to sleep when the baby is sleeping because the baby's night/day will be confused.If your sleep deprieved it may stir up your anxiety/depression. If family/friends offer to help you accept their assistance. Remember you need a little time to yourself as well.
Good luck and God Bless.

Good luck and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:37 am

It is so completely normal. If you ever see "Look Who's Talking" with John Travolta and Kirstie Alley (older movie), when she goes into labor and it on the way to the hospital she changes her mind about having a baby.

It's a big change in our lives that we so desperately want and then when it happens it seems so.....final! LOL. But it is sooooo worth it. It's that baby's first smile that you know was meant for you that will make you glad he/she is part of your life.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Thank you ladies so much for the positive words. I will just try to stay positive. That is the problem right now as I think that is the problem with everyone in the anxiety business. Thanks again..

Candi

Return to “Parent to Parent”