How do parents cope with another parent having control over their biological child?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
tanyalowther

Post by tanyalowther » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:26 pm

The question is common in my county. Divorce/JFS custody/adoption/missing children...whateve the case may be. The question is how does a parent contiue to parent when another person has steped in? How to keep your thoughts postiive in a very hard situation. This question applies to the newest news of the American man who has been fighting for custody of his son in Brazil. As it also applies to those such as myself who are battling in the courts my custody for my first two children taken from me illegally and following my newborn son also taken illegally. When Anxiety is realistic to be a natural raction...How can anyone expect a peson to hold their toung?
tanya lowther

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I dont know your situation but where i live "fathers rights" is big and my ex got the best fathers rights atty. (he could afford it) who told lies; called me a witch, etc. and he wont custody of my 7 yr old daughter when i was a stay at home mom. The whole things was very money driven and dirty. It stunned everyone. I could not accept it and have been fighting it for 2.5 more years but now I recently developed this anxiety disorder. I am trying to learn to accept this as I have no control. I need to get better and healthy for my daughter, not have control. I wish peace for you.

Return to “Parent to Parent”