Have a question

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
fear not

Post by fear not » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Hello!My sisters daughter has been having a problem for about the last five years.She will feel sick to her stomach on Mondays.This happens latter in the afternoon and goes into the evening.It's only on Mondays.She has actually made herself throw up when she feels this way.She is 11 years old.I was just wondering if this could be the start of an anxiety disorder or if anyone has known a child who's gone through something like this?Any response would be helpful.Thanks guys!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:32 pm

My son is 11 years old also, he started in 3rd grade getting sick to his tummy almost every Monday morning. This went off and on until this year (6th grade). After alot of talking to him we found out it was school. He hated school. he had plenty of friends, but he was finding the work hard. It was strange that it was mostly on Mondays that he would be sick although it did happen during the week a few times. This year he likes his teacher and is finding the work a little easier, and no Monday sick tummy so far. It did take us awhile to get it out of him what was going on. It took alot of just listening and reading between the lines so to speak. I hope this helps.

Return to “Parent to Parent”